Skip to content

Match day thread: Stevenage

2»

Comments

• That was poor no one in the team can be happy with there own performance it was terrible.

• My words intirely bigred87 cold misarable day. Let's hope we can pickup 4 Tuesday

• @johnthehair I assume you mean before Tuesday. Although 4 points if we win would be good too.

• Normally go to Stevenage away so it looks like I chose the right weekend be the other end of Europe :-)

We can't win everything and a run of good form has to break from time to time.

• A truly awful performance. My MOM was any of the subs that didn't have to come on. 1st time for years I've left 15 minutes before the end and that was 30 minutes too late. Felt sure that we would improve 2nd half, but to gift the 3rd as well, like a dementor, suckered all hope out of me. It will be amazing if Gareth can pull out one example of anything positive put of that one.
    Looked to me as if we had a bunch of physically & mentally knackered players and it will be a massive effort to get them back to the levels required in the short term.

• As Gareth would say, you can't keep punching above your weight!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    A truly awful performance. My MOM was any of the subs that didn't have to come on. 1st time for years I've left 15 minutes before the end and that was 30 minutes too late. Felt sure that we would improve 2nd half, but to gift the 3rd as well, like a dementor, suckered all hope out of me. It will be amazing if Gareth can pull out one example of anything positive put of that one.
    Looked to me as if we had a bunch of physically & mentally knackered players and it will be a massive effort to get them back to the levels required in the short term.

I rather agree with that analysis. Nothing good about that, even the bovril was cold due to the tea urn being as knackered as we looked. Cup runs are great but two I think has been too much. I'd say we may make one of the bottom two playoff spots. Beyond that I cannot now see. And I had a tenner on us for automatic after Sam S signed.

• @LX1 said:
    Sounds like someone has been on the absinthe!

Doesn't always make the heart grow fonder.

• The cup runs have left us exhausted. Another game on Tuesday won't help.

But we will soon be back to a less frenetic rhythm. Don't believe that we will get automatic promotion but, if injuries can be avoided, see no reason with this squad why we can't make the play-offs.

• @StrongestTeam so you'll definitely be at Crewe on Tuesday then?

• @Onlooker said:
    StrongestTeam so you'll definitely be at Crewe on Tuesday then?

No answer came the stern reply! I think I know what it would be. Strongest Team still has his sanity I guess but I take issue with his comment about Sammy Wood having lost his pace. I only watch home games but I've seen him get his head down and really motor in several recent matches. As I've said at least twice elsewhere, I'd like to turn the clock back when PCH returns and play him wide right with Woody wide left.

• Wood isn't a winger @micra he's played his best football this year working his socks off as part of a midfield 3 with Paris, Bayo and Kashket in front.

• Sam Wood showed up some Spurs reserves with pace a week or two ago. I guess in a world of alternative news the facts don't count for much.

Just seen the highlights from yesterday and they only add to my view that for a team slated for its single minded long ball approach we are conceding a heck of a lot of stupid goals messing around at the back.

• Was sort of expected after such a great run, some fantastic play and then too many tough games (both league and cup).
    Still, can't moan too much and hope the guys can get some rest, regroup,and have another unbeaten run until the end of the season.
    Will be back in Blighty for the Carlilse game so hoping the great play we've seen of late returns......and that there are some good ales in the Vere.....or Caledonian (will always be the Vere to me).

COYB

• I think when Paris is fit, Wood will eventually drop out. With Saunders, O'Nien and Gape in the middle, and PCH, Bayo and Kash up front.

Anything would be an improvement on yesterdays absolutely anonymous midfield.

• edited February 2017

I thought Sam had been showing his best form out wide in recent games but will happily concede blame to rose tinted spectacles

• @StrongestTeam it's interesting to note that your comments were almost exactly echo'd by GA in his post match interview on Chairboys Player.

• Onwards to tomorrow night in slight fear and trepidation!

• That of course is the joy of football!