Skip to content

Match day thread: Stevenage

Comments

• Lots of ice on the ground where I'm at (Naphill). Could it be called off?

• Both teams tweeting match info. so looks like it's on.

• Still snowing in Widmer End. Any news?

• Looking forward and setting off shortly from the other side of Stevenage. Weather chilly but not snowing currently.

• I've just arrived and it's snowing a little bit but not settling.

The game will be live on BBC3CR 95.5FM and Chairboys Player

COYB!

• Looks like 4-4-2 with The Beast and Kashet up front, thank goodness :Pierre is fit as well.

• Decent looking line up.

• Arguably our best line-up. Half defence bench with Harriman, Jakubiak and Weston on the bench. I hope it really is a 4-4-2 as the 4-3-3 formation leaves us very light in midfield.

• Decent not defence

• Who is the guy in the yellow bib warming up?

• 2-0 down half time.

Suddenly on quite a bad run, almost without anyone noticing... this'd be a 4th defeat in 5?

• 2 -0? Sounds like @bigred87 is having a good day out at least

• Sounds like we are having a shocker.

• And we cannot even complain we are missing major players. Hopefully gaz can sort it out at halftime.

• Tiredness and injuries maybe starting to take their toll. Am I right in thinking JJ's booking puts him on 9 for the season and one away from suspension?

• Worst performance I've seen since Barnet at home.

Shit ground, shit performance, shit ref.

• WTF is going on...? Cup(s) hangover?

• You can't really blame them for this slump, the FA cup defeat was heartbreaking, lots of injuries and tired legs.

However, it does sound like an exceptionally crap performance this one.

• Oh my words ...we are awful today. ...It was bound to happen ..

• What is going wrong?

• So much for a decent line up though these players were the bee's knees with excuses like down to tiredness etc and where are all these goals that would be coming along nicely it's really a case the pigions are coming home to roost. Its no good signing allegedly good player's if nobody knows how to turn them into a team!

• What are you on about?

• I'm still trying to get my head round your first sentence @brittanywanderer

• It's the game the silent majority 'real fans' have been waiting for since we picked up earlier in the season. Proper wheels off told you so smell the coffee dog**** football at last. @brittanywanderer I have no idea what your post meant

• edited February 2017

@brittanywanderer What on earth are you blabbering about? Just a bunch of platitudes strung together angrily without any meaning whatsoever.

• At least it's only easy games against Crewe Carlisle and Colchester coming up.

• Can anyone work out what Brittanywanderer is on about? Is he or she French?

• Sounds like someone has been on the absinthe!

• Time maybe to accept that sneaking the play-offs is the best we can hope for with this relatively small squad, give Beast, Kashket etc a proper rest, knowing we might lose a couple more but ultimately come back with a fresher team in a couple of weeks.

• My god that was atrocious. Formation didn't work and we never really changed strategy.

When we are bad we really do absolutely stink.