Skip to content

Southwell out on loan to Lincoln

Comments

• M3GM3G
    edited February 2017

Thought that might happen.

• Very encouraging, and good to see GA's strong commitment to his future with us.

• Good decision, gives him a chance to get back into injury free form and then hopefully come back and contribute.

• He's also eligible to play in the FA cup for them!

• and they've got Billy Knott! What a side!

• Presumably the transfer window does not apply to the Conference??

Sensible move with the reservation that I wonder if he will get many game minutes there either.

• Lincoln have a similar fixture list to us - they have 7 games in February (we have 8) - so hopefully there will be sufficient opportunities for him to get game time.

• Well I hope you are right, Bledlow. To be honest I can see him playing tomorrow in the trophy and indeed in the next round if they get through (sadly I understand the Trophy is not regarded with the same importance as it was in our day), but league and FA cup games? I think I would recommend him to pack a cushion. (incidentally they only have six games in Feb, there is an error on BBC website).

To be fair he is probably pretty well known in the area after his exploits at boston.

• Didn't Lincoln want to sign him in the summer but he chose us instead? In which case, assuming the manager is the same, he may well get some considerable game time.

• @DevC - "incidentally they only have six games in Feb" - the BBC probably got the number from the Lincoln website http://www.redimps.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/
    They currently seem to have two games on the 18th - one kicks off in Burnley at 12:30 and the other is at Sutton at 15:00

• I see they sold they sold one of their strikers just before the end of the transfer window. Perhaps that explains it more. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

• Just guessing Alan, but have a feeling the Sutton one may be postponed.....

• Yes and a lovely lad too.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Hope he gets a load of goals and comes back raring to play, good luck to him

Hear hear my thoughts exactly

• I'm a bit disappointed with this news was really looking forward to Southwell coming back and I think with the amount of forwards carrying knocks we could do with him back and he'll bring fresh enthusiasm and pace

• In the olden days he'd come back via reserve games now we send them out for competitive games to get match fitness. Good time to go to Lincoln too! Good luck to him and hopefully he'll be back and firing before long

• they didn't sell him as he was non contract.

• We must have enough fit forwards, he wouldn't be allowed to go out otherwise...

• Scored 8 minutes into his debut!

• Well done Mr SOUTHWELL great start ...

• Well done funny feeling he is going to be crucial towards the end of the season

• I have a feeling his loan will be extended to the end of the season I really hope not

• GA did say that he was looking forward to having him back next month though

• If Jakubiak proves as useful as I think he will, I doubt Southwell will get a look in this season unless we have a spate of injuries.

• Bayo is knackered or injured. Ditto Hayes. Reckon we'll need as many options as possible over the next few weeks and months.

• Probably a bit of both @MindlessDrugHoover certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the team on Tuesday in my opinion.

• Dayle's on the bench for Lincoln against Burnley.

• And he's coming on.