Skip to content

The Opposition View

2»

Comments

• @Cyclops said:
    Not even remotely similar.Get your eyes seen to.

Says the guy with one eye!

• my Spurs supporting friend says Pierre should have left him alone as he never scores from open play so we weren't in any trouble

• 78Spur said
    "We cruelly reminded Wycombe that there was no god"
    And God saw this and in a vengeful voice said " I shall give you a shit away tie at Fulham and there you will pay over the odds to watch your ground staff play each other unbeliever wahaha"

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    The ref did completely change at half time didn't he? Bayo was foul free in the first half and then got blown up every time after the break. Couldn't really argue about the penalty (was obstruction but that's still a penalty isn't it?) but the corner for the first goal was very dubious and the foul on the touchline just before the last goal was a really really soft one.

I noticed this too, it was like someone had a word with the ref at half time and he listened...

• When did we start getting so arrogant to declare an away tie at Fulham a crap draw!

• edited January 2017

Do you know what...over the years I have come to the conclusion that football fans (of all clubs) are bizarre and unfathomable creatures...some spurs fans seemed more upset when they were losing that they were losing to a team whose manager had a poor quality suit!

• indeed...I was watching the game so had no time to assess Pochettino's wardrobe and strangely they had nothing to say about Baz's leggings under day-glo shorts combo which could be seen five miles away

• @Wendoverman , Tottenham fans have a very strange sense of arrogance, regarding their "Big club" status, and how they "Play the right way".

I might have missed it, but i'm pretty sure they've only won 1 major trophy more than us in the last decade!
    Haven't been anywhere near competing fully for the league in decades, and are for my money a middle ranking Premier league club.

• @Malone that may all be true but Poch's pitch side sartorial elegance is obviously Champions League standard

• I chatted to quite a few of them last Saturday and didn't perceive any arrogance at all. In fact I felt that the whole club made us feel very welcome, with the obvious exception of their answer to the drone army; and every club has one of those.

• @Cyclops said:
    I chatted to quite a few of them last Saturday and didn't perceive any arrogance at all. In fact I felt that the whole club made us feel very welcome, with the obvious exception of their answer to the drone army; and every club has one of those.

Agreed. Enjoyed a chat in the Beehive, a steward at half-time commented on what a game it was and how Bayo seemed unplayable and several supporters shook my hand on the way home. Very different experience to visiting Chelsea in the League Cup a few years back. I've generally found Spurs supporters to be sound and know their football. As a club less likely to attract fair weather fans than some other 'elite' sides perhaps?

• I would very much echo @Manboobs experience - classy club

• That tiny minority' that make uninformed unfair comments online probably didn't go to the game.
    Every and I mean every spurs fan I met there and subsequently congratulated me on our teams performance .
    One thing I have noticed is they seem to have a more than average number of hipsters in their fanbase beards top knots and real beer go figure

• Spurs fans are on the whole a decent bunch. When it comes to football fans, there is always a % of dickheads. It's just how big is that percentage? With Spurs its smaller than many other Prem clubs.