Skip to content

Coventry Away in the other cup

Comments

• edited January 2017

400 ticket allocation, all windows open, think we might just be asking for more tickets! Well done on cheap pricing though

• @DevC said:
    It's a round figure, robin.

Thought you were the one with the round figure Dev, not Robin.

• According to the rules of the competition, away teams receive zilch in tv revenue.

• that's a bit of a blow @Midlander !!

So it doesn't matter really if there are 270, or 27,000 there!

• @Malone said:
    that's a bit of a blow Midlander !!

So it doesn't matter really if there are 270, or 27,000 there!

They get zero TV revenue... That's different to gate receipts revenue

• phew, i obviously read that way too quickly....thank goodness for that!

• edited January 2017

Thanks for pointing out that my figure is becoming increasingly round, Micra. This is a deliberate strategy on my part building up walrus quantities of blubber to prepare myself for the artic cold on my next visit to AP.

Midlander is right, nil TV money for the away club (which was the point of my comment about it being a round figure - the roundest figure of all).

We do get 45% of proceeds of gate money after expenses - but given the cheap ticket price of £10 this will be less than I frist hoped - even 30,000 £10 gives a maximum share of less than £150k and there will be expenses to come out too.

Anyway enough talking about finances, enjoy the prospect of another trip to Wembley.

• Only 400 tickets seems odd, surely we will get quite a lot more than that for a semi final not too far away and possible trip to Wembley.

• I'm not sure @colonel_splaffy the game is on Sky and people still boycotting. 500 maybe at a push.

• I think we could get close to the 400..on the back of WHL display..

• Surely we'll take closer to 1000? Just up the road, tick off and one game from wembley.

• No chance @Floyd. Not at such short notice, with so many other games, with so many people having been so staunchly "anti" this cup.
    Do we take 1,000 to many midweek aways?

• @Malone Do we play many first team fixtures where the prize is a Wembley Cup final?

• edited January 2017

I'm not sure there are that many staunch boycotters. I always thought most were just not that bothered. A semi final certainly changes that surely. Hope the club isn't going to cause more ticket stress

• I read it as 400 being the initial allocation. I'm sure we can have more tickets if required.

• No restrictions on ticket sales.

• @Malone 90 minutes from Wembley, just up the road, new ground, team playing very well, 1000 isn't out of the question.

The conception and execution of this tournament is stupid, but the players deserve our support.

• edited January 2017

Let's hope so @floyd and @LeedsBlue , but clearly the Sky angle surely takes a lot away too.

I thought Coventry was a little further away than people are intimating too...80miles+

• @Malone I agree that being on tv may tip the balance against, for a fair few 'possibles', and I also think 1,000 is ambitious in the extreme - I was just making the point that it's not every day we get ourselves in this position, regardless of what people think about the competition (me included). And it's amazing what a "whiff" of Wembley can do. But @Floyd makes the best point when he says: "the players deserve our support"

• Well said @LeedsBlue and is why I will be departing shortly for Exeter.

• Well said @LeedsBlue and is why I will be departing shortly for Exeter.

I should bring your wellies & rainproofs as raining down here.

• Strong advice to all is bury your principles and buy a ticket in the stand. Going to rain hard all game.

• Nice touch from Exeter letting us sit in the stand for the price of a terrace ticket.

• Cov sold 3200 tickets in the first day (around half of their season ticket holders) I believe.

They are expecting a big home crowd.

• edited February 2017

The comment from their Head of Comms made me laugh
    "Semi-final sales creeping towards 4,000 before general release tomo. Superb effort #SBA
    Doesn't matter the comp, you always deliver!"

compared to this from their local paper:

"Coventry City's Checkatrade Trophy tie with Crawley Town on Wednesday night, set a new record for the lowest attendance recorded at the Ricoh Arena.

1,338 people entered the stadium for the last-32 cup tie with The Reds', including just a handful of visitors from Sussex."

• Things move on. Another round, more ticket sales. What's the problem?

• Anyone know if it's 90 mins then straight to penalties? Or will we have the delights of extra time should the scores finish level?

• Straight to pens just like the previous rounds

• 4,000 still sounds exceptionally low for a club like Cov, anyone know if that's stepped up a gear?

• 6500 apparently. They only went on general sale today. That 4000 was from a pool of about 6000 by all accounts.