Skip to content

Tottenham priority ticketing structure

Comments

• edited January 2017

I am not personally affected by the ticket issue (I would like to go but will give regular supporters first chance at tickets this morning - if any left after 1pm, I'll pick one up).

It makes absolute sense to prioritise season ticket holders and share scheme members. However I don't really see why each should get more than 1 ticket each, when tickets will clearly be at a premium. (2 day window)

I do think the second priority should be those with more than say five home matches in last 12 months. (two day window)

third priority could be season ticket mates (2 per ticket) (two day window)

those like me who don't get to many games should be lowest priority of all

perhaps something for club to reflect on after game is over (who knows maybe implement for the fifth round!)

• @fedup1980 business sense yes and we must applaud that but going into general sale is extremely poor business sense and seeks to alienate those floating fans. They could of even said to qualify you have to buy a Luton and pompey ticket, thus bringing in more revenue from tickets, merchandise and food sales

• It doesn't matter whether you think the first set of rules were a disgrace, and the second set of rules better to live by than the Bible.

You can't move the goalposts half way through. It's complete bollocks.

P.S. I got a ticket in the window in the third window like I wanted, so it didn't even effect me.

• what are the chances of getting two tickets for seats next to each other today ?

• Having repeatedly read about these "regular" supporters who will be missing out, can anyone tell me how many people are actually likely to be in the below boat?

Not STH or 1/2 STH
    Not 500 club
    Not share scheme
    Aren't able to use the second ticket of a STH they know

Would that really be a big number?

• I don't know any regular supporters missing out. I don't even know any part-time / odd game supporters who are 'missing out'. There are plenty of opportunities here & with payment plan options all should be ok. Maybe some younger fans with less credit options? Not sure but I don't think the club could have done it much differently.

• I believe that most season ticket holders have been gracious and helped those wihout

• Bloody web site has no link for tickets.

• edited January 2017

Good call those who went down to the ground to queue up...will there be any more twists and turns in this saga?

• The ticketing policy was obviously structured to prioritise STH and investors, both in 500 club and trust investors. The policy was also aimed at increasing 500 club subscribers and half STH purchases. Also, adjusting to let STHs who had previously purchased in phases 1 & 2, buy tickets for friends in phase 3, further protected the regular supporters who know STHs.
    We achieved the goal of a number of people investing in the 500 club and buying half STs to secure Spurs tickets, and I believe the policy was pretty fair despite the adjustment.

I would have only like to have seen one change, and that is people with purchasing history given priority in phase 4, maybe just for half a day.

• @Doob, I agree. What is the Point of a Club Charter when they can't stick to their own policies. I think the real problem started when they changed the Singing Section from Upper to lower, and stuck to the Tottenham request to sell the lower seats first.

• Totally agree with that comment - I don't think it would have taken much nous and kept the fairweathers out until the very depths.

• Not sure I get the logic of why regular supporters who know STH (investors) should get preferential treatment over regular supports who don't.

There will also be people disappointed when demand exceeds supply. I do think there are lessons to learn here.

What would be wrong with
    1) STH plus investors (one each)
    2) regular supporters (5 bookings in 12 months) (one each)
    3) STH mates (two per STH)
    4) Others

• I'm pretty sure I've just bought tickets online. I have a confirmation email.

• I don't think you get any logic DevC! Just stop moaning and cut the people at the club a little slack. There was always going to be issues with the number of tickets we got from Spurs. However, I really can't see any regulars or people who attended the first and second round games of the cup missing out.

• I'm not moaning. I won't get a ticket, I don't think I have a moral "right " to one.

What would be the problem with the order I have listed above.

• So do you really think a great number of regulars will miss out DevC? As I said above, maybe just the small change in phase 4 but apart from that no issues.

• @Chris check they are not for the Portsmouth game

• Possibly not Blue.
    The hammering of the club in this thread has been overblown IMHO, but nonetheless I think lessons should be learnt. Who knows may have the same issues again to worry about on Monday night!

• @DevC we may have the same issues to worry about at 5pm on Saturday!

• Not wanting to sound like an x factor wannabee ! Long time blues fan ( remember queuing up for tickets and being 9th in the queue for the big west Bromwich game many moons ago ) . My occupation is cabin crew so out if the country loads - see us when we can about 10 times a season home/away . Live near Gatwick airport . 286 phone calls have unfortunately left me ticket less for the spurs game . I would be forever great full if someone has a spare ticket I could purchase please . Soooooooooo disappointed . Here's hoping

• Club has now tweeted that all tickets are sold.

• All this hot air and then I read "our allocation is well in excess of our normal home attendance" It makes you wonder what it's all been about.

• To those that mentioned "Young" fans missing out. I think i saw a half season ticket for the terrace was as little as £45 for under 18s!
    So they could secure 10/11 games (is it?) AND guarantee a Tottenham ticket if they'd thouht it through.

Oh well...it's all done now

• @wingnut the 'hot air' is because the club made no effort to prioritise sales to the people that make up the majority of those home attendances, even tho the club charter says that's what they're committed to do. I don't think this should be a surprise tho, they took the same approach last season for home to Villa.

• @doob, surely the majority of the attendance is made up by season ticket holders?

• Has anyone actually read all the 660+ comments in this thread? I'm losing the will to live after reading about 4 of them

• I must've made 500+ calls trying to get through this morning, but no luck! Absolutely gutted! I've no problem missing out to season ticket holders, shareholders, 500 club members etc., but the late change allowing season ticket holders to claim an extra ticket and the general sale with no priority for regular attenders does leave a sour taste rather.

Anyway, I'll be tuning into the radio coverage and cheering the boys on and I'll be there for the Pompey clash the week after. A home draw in the Checkatrade semi final would be nice as well, I reckon I'd be ok to get a ticket for that!

• I guess the majority of non season ticket holders but fairly regular attendees would have been able to source a ticket via those who are .How many people who regularly post and attend on here were left disappointed ?

• Advice to people who are bored with this thread. FIND ANOTHER ONE.

Club / Trust do need to answer the question about why the rules were changed mid sale. Shifty and evasive thus far.