Skip to content

Wimbledon tickets

On sale to STH with 3 away game history first, then STH with no away history, then general. Doubt non-STHs will get a shout, as only 840ish for Wimbledon and Northampton will be a similar number with a similar tier and more demand.

Pretty gutted but understand a tiered system is needed. Probably spent more following the team than most STH's but as live in Yorkshire don't have a ST so will miss out on two of the biggest games.

Comments

• In situations like this there is surely no problem going in the home sections.

• Things are going to get very tricky.Losing the will to live waiting for the ticket office to answer, surely Wimbledon could increase their allocation!

• Wimbledon's ground only holds under 5,000 and I think only 20% can be given to away fans as a maximum. I'm going to pop down and get my ticket later this afternoon so if anyone is desperate I can help somebody out

• All in the home end

• This stub business is a bit of a nonsense - I didn't get one yesterday at Burton - and God knows where a couple of other ones have gone. Dreading the Northampton 'arrangements'

• Has there ever been a communication about keeping stubs for situations like this?

• You don't need stubs,just prepare for an interrogation. I got my two tickets today :)

• if you don't buy from wycombe wanderers its tough S*** isn't it !! we have had plenty of away games before Burton to collect stubs !!

• What choice do the club have? There has to be some sort of priority system in place.

I've been keeping stubs for a few weeks as it has been obvious that the final two away games would sell out quickly.

Some people will end up frustrated but the club don't have much choice but I can't see a better alternative.

• Gutted, not a season ticket holder as although attended more than 50% of games, half of these have been away games as enjoy the atmosphere more....and Wimbledon is my local game.

But understand and agree the club policy, you look after your loyal supporters first and the best way to determine this is via season ticket holders.

Anybody STH's going to Wimbledon not intending to use their allocated 2nd ticket? There is a free pie in it!!!

• My wife has been to EVERY league game this season and is a sth. She deserves the ticket I got for her today!

• It's often been stated that WWFC earn a royalty if bought through the club, and your details are put on the system if you do so for instances such as these.

No uptake on my second ticket yet but if anyone wants to PM me I can arrange.

• Got my two just now over the phone and asked about Northampton. Although not finalised yet, the agent on the phone said that tickets for that game will be done in exactly the same way as these as they are expecting to be given just under 1,000.

• I just got some tickets. I don't have stubs as I chucked 'em away, but I take a picture of my lad at each ground we visit and thankfully they'll take those as proof!

• @blueh_w I didn't get given stubs at Cheltenham or Dagenham and can't remember about Southend? So how do you retain what isn't given?

• I am not a ST holder - in the seemingly likely event that I don't get a ticket in the away end, can anyone suggest which home stand would be most advisable?

Home terrace Chemflow End (S)
    Home terrace Your Golf Travel Terrace (E)
    Home seats Nongshim Stand (N)
    Home seats Nongshim Stand (N) Family Area

I have no interest in aggravation with Wimbledon's supporters by brazenly celebrating and chanting, so I was thinking the family stand.

However, on the flip side, Wimbledon's stewards might be more likely to kick me out if they do realise I am a Wycombe fan sat near kids and families?

• I can understand a priority system but i think it should be one ticket per STH. On this basis the 2nd ticket given out could go to anyone and not to a current STH like myself who due to work and family commitments cannot usually travel to away games. Now having freed myself up for this game I find i may not get a ticket desite being a STH for over 20 years.

• By the close of play today, the 94 seated tickets for @AFCWimbledon had virtually sold out. Around 200/750 standing tickets sold. #AFCWvWYC

— Wycombe Wanderers FC (@wwfcofficial) April 7, 2015
  • Has anyone from WWFC asked AFC Wimbledon if it's possible to have an extra block of seats behind the goal? After they were stuffed at Dagenham and Redbridge I doubt whether they will sell out their own areas for the Wycombe game. I ask the question simply because I don't know whether WWFC have thought of doing it?

• @Malcolm said:
    I can understand a priority system but i think it should be one ticket per STH. On this basis the 2nd ticket given out could go to anyone and not to a current STH like myself who due to work and family commitments cannot usually travel to away games. Now having freed myself up for this game I find i may not get a ticket desite being a STH for over 20 years.

Absolutely spot on. It should be one per holder.

• I bought two today, for my son and myself, we are both ST holders. Could I have purchased four by rights then?

• Yes thats correct, just as a point to note, how unlucky are we to have got these as the last two games, two of the smallest away ends, when a couple of hundred were at tranmere, etc.

• Currently 350 standing tickets remaining.

• It is absolutely ridiculous that people can buy two tickets each. Completely wrong.

• Thats the rules, we may not like it but the same criteria will be used for notrhampton as similar numbers, im in the home end for both, join me!

• I suspect most people purchase two tickets per away game they attend - another individual uses the ticket but does not collect the 'points' for having attended on their own account.

For example, I often purchase away tickets through the club for myself and my dad but only my account shows as having attended the game.

It means you're screwed if one person buys for a group of four or five, which I imagine is the case for some families.

• Great point, well thought out, most people go in pairs or groups

• Just got a pair for my son and myself this morning at 09:15 - 5 minutes wait - guy said that he believes more than 500 of the standing tickets sold. He said that the club had already approached Wimbledon for a further allocation and been turned down.
    I suppose it is one of the least risky games for some of our supporters to be scattered amongst theirs.
    We will have to sing extra loud for you.
    Come on you Blues

• But I fail to see why people should get two tickets. It is now enabling some fans to buy two without needing then and playing God.