Comments

• Superb signing!

• Oh my days!

• 18 month deal too

• Excellent.

• Unbelievable scenes.

• Told you

• Get in great news

• Good little detail on the location of the medical. Corporate tie ins eh!

A great signing if he stays fit. Well done to all involved

• Excellent. Play to his strengths and good things will happen. Worth a tenner on automatic promotion I think.

• It's like Ashford/Barrett day all over again!

• Fantastic news. COYB.

• how the heck have we made this perm!? He must have taken a big hit on wages, presumably topped up by Brentford to sweeten it?

• Blackman

Harriman
    Stewart
    Pierre
    Jacobson

Gape
    O'Nien

Saunders

Cowan-Hall
    Akinfenwa
    Kashket

Is a pretty strong looking team...

• Two years on, may not be quite as good as last time and may take him a little time to get back to full fitness, but WHAT A SIGNING - again.

Truly lucky to have a manager that can attract players who really should be playing a little higher - money isn't everything. Aaron, stay for another six months please.

Blackman, Harriman, Pierre, Stewart, Jacobson, Onien, Saunders, Gape

Quite a defence and midfield for a Lg2 team

• He was on bench in 3rd Round so does that cup tie him or does he have to play?

• Amazing signing ...for me one of the best bits of business of any team in our league!!

• YYYEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE SCENES

• Well thats progress for you. Just stay fit Sam

• Blimey

• What really excites me about this is the indication that we aren't just settling for a default "lump it to Bayo" strategy. I'm also seeing subtle through balls from Sam for Kashket and Paris/Weston/Southwell (in case we lose Paris) . And also, we're planning for next year already.

• Honestly thought this was going to be a joke post.

The club's approach to this January couldn't feel any different from last year's transfer window.

• Hope we get Paris deal over the line now. First team looking good, also the first time Ive felt we have a first team for a long time!

• Remarkable acquisition. If that first 11 avoids any significant lay-off through injury/suspension I think we have an extremely good chance of making top 3.

My only lingering conern would be that if Bayo were to pick up an injury (I can't see him starting every week till the end of the season) then we have no one that can deputise for him. Another centre forward would complete a very strong squad.

• @johnnyallalone no he's not cup tied in either competition

• @StrongestTeam I'm with you Mr Team...

• At this point I'm not sure ainsworth could surprise me any more with his incredible signings. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he managed to get Ibe, Hause and Ingram back on 3 year deals for a packet of hobnobs.

• I think Hayes and Saunders could link up pretty well again whenever Hayes plays

• Excellent.

• I did double check it but wow and again wow.