Skip to content

Comments

• Wonder if we we given options, or that was it.

Dare say it'll be 1 each for STholder/500club/trust in the first window, but if you're all 3, still just 1.

That'd probably hoover up 90%

• I am surprised they didn't include a brief explanation of why it's apparently less than 15%

• @Malone said:
    Wonder if we we given options, or that was it.

Dare say it'll be 1 each for STholder/500club/trust in the first window, but if you're all 3, still just 1.

That'd probably hoover up 90%

Given that there will be duplication between your three categories I anticipate that this will only 'hoover up' around 1500 tickets or 40% of the allocation, v different if more than one ticket per qualifier of course.

• Just to confirm, usual 15% away ticket allocation does not apply for us as Spurs were given special dispensation from the FA due to the building works going on at their ground

• @DJWYC14 thanks. Are you able to elaborate on the details of the special dispensation? e.g. what was the minimum away allocation if any?

• Looks like we have about 12.5%

• Hi @LX1 I don't know to be honest but confident we'd have snapped up as many tickets as we could get our hands on

• Not a bad allocation. We have only recently started getting more than 4k home fans at AP so should be plenty :-)

• Hi @DJWYC14 thanks for that. I'm not sure that special dispensation should have been allowed. They still have stands holding 6,000 or 8,000 where away fans could have been moved to. I think that special dispensation has been used as an excuse and should be challenged (maybe it already has?)

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Just to confirm, usual 15% away ticket allocation does not apply for us as Spurs were given special dispensation from the FA due to the building works going on at their ground

If that is right. Would have been nice for the club to add a couple of lines in their announcement to explain this.

• @Watford_Blue just what I was thinking. It would save them being badgered about it and speculation on here. Seems weird to me. 15% is 15%. So the capacity is reduced...so the minimum should be 15% of the reduced capacity.

• @perfidious_albion , i wouldn't think so low.

Didn't someone confirm we had around 2,000 season ticket holders for starters?

And i'd say there's a great deal in the 500 club/Trust that aren't season ticket holders too.

Anyone got any figures on all 3?

• For the record, Gillingham were given 3,000 tickets at Spurs for their League Cup game earlier this season (I don't want the rules are re percentages in that competition). In the FAC, when Spurs hosted Villa last weekend, Villa had the choice of either 3,000 or 4,000. They opted for 3,000. The reality is Spurs were one of the worst Prem teams to be drawn away to as far as ticket allocation goes, certainly insofar as the 'top' clubs go.

• We certainly can't moan with that infoto hand @Doob

• Why not? I don't really get @Doob's point. FA Cup rules say a minimum of 15%. What Villa choose to do or what happens in the League Cup is irrelevant.

• Rules are rules. They need to be adhered to like all other clubs do. I don't get the special dispensation. It is wrong.

• The whole point of using a percentage is that it is relative.

If the capacity is reduced, the percentage OF the capacity is also reduced, to state the bleeding obvious.

Seems like a classic case of the Prem clubs behaving as they like, and the FA rolling over.

• I wasn't making any particular point but it is a fact that Spurs have been given special dispensation. I'm not saying I agree with it but if they were to provide the old allocation, i.e. 15% of the capacity pre-building work, it would obviously exceed 15% of the current capacity. It could be that, due to segregation, the next available maximum allocation is the 4,000 we've been given.

• Are we really going to complain about ticket allocation after being less than accommodating vs a Stourbridge team who had sold out their allocation a full two weeks before the match?

The reason we couldn't help more supposedly was that it would require season ticket holders to move from seats which they had already purchased. And we all know what kind of a stink gets kicked up every time that happens.

For the same reason, Spurs extending our allocation beyond the number which they have been given special dispensation to provide would require a good number of THEIR season ticket holders to move from their league game seats as we would be eating into an area used for home supporters during league games where a lower % is allocated to away supporters.

In any case, the fact is that they will have no trouble selling out the ground whatever choice was made - why would they or should they give us more than the amount they have been told they can give us?

• @AttitudeEra They shouldn't if they don't want. I'm not complaining I just want it to be made clear to the fans what the terms of this special dispensation is, which brings our allocation below 15%. I think @Doob may be right that it is something to do with segregation but hat is independent of any 'SD'.

• It would be nice if it was all spelled out for us and explained, but this is football, when has that ever been the case!

I would imagine it is something to do with segregation but who knows.

What I WOULD have faith in is that we have taken the maximum allowed to do best by our supporters, barring some sort of ridiculous offer from Spurs like 'take this number or you can have 10000 if you pay for them all upfront'.

• I know at least a couple of the real big clubs simply move season ticket holders for FA cup games where they have to give higher away ticket allocations.

They're much more versed in such scenarios though, and have it in big letters in their terms.
    Unlike with us, where the club sh!t themselves, then mess people about.

• It will be interesting to see how well this does sell for Tottenham fans. It was pretty much capacity for Villa but I can't imagine we'll be quite the same draw and I think was included as the second of the "first two cup ties at White Hart Lane" season ticket holders get 'free'. I would assume that a reasonable proportion of their fans may think that they could spend £20/25 more productively than sit and watch their (predominantly) second string team comfortably beat (they would presumably think/expect) a team 3 divisions below them on a cold afternoon/evening in January

• Spurs will sell out comfortably. I think their matches tend to be very over subscribed, so even without the rebuilding work they'd sell out. As it is with the increased away allocation, a fair few of their regulars won't be unable to go anyway.

With regards the attractiveness of the fixture, I'd think the novelty of playing us would be a much bigger draw than playing Villa in the same way that Stourbridge was a bigger draw to our fans than Hereford was in the 3rd round a few years back.

• Our allocation will be roughly 15% of 27000. I wonder if the way Spira get around the rules is to only sell 27,000 tickets to? FA working indicates you only have to offer 15% of the total tickets issued, not 15% of total capacity, I believe.

I imagine Spurs weren't able/willing to give us a larger allocation without messing up segregation and/or displacing their own STHs.