Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool (EFL Trophy)

Comments

• Hit the post

• Another £40k in the bank!

• Jacobson, Onein, De Haviland, Akinfenwa, Thompson

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Brilliant news, we just keep on getting the results. Two wins from Wembley in one competition, three wins in another.

• I'll take that. Andrew Howard has had some run of good fortune in the money stakes recently. This chairman business is a piece of cake.

• Fantastic news. We need to bear in mind that Oxo and Luton are lurking in the next round tho'.

• Good news on several accounts by the looks of things.

We played well
    We won and are now in the Quarter-Finals
    We won £40,000
    We'll now play in the QF on the Tuesday before the Spurs match rather than play Exeter away. Should mean we can rest half the team.

• Attendance 766. More than I thought it would be. Superb effort from those who travelled.

• I was proud enough/sad enough to be part of a 43-"strong" Tuesday night away gate at Swansea in this competition during the Paul Lambert era. Got played off the park too as I recall.

• @Brownie said:
    Anyone else have a problem with Player not working or is this just my own technical deficiencies?

I had problems too very annoying during pens

• Played better 2nd half, though we hit the bar 1st half and hayes i think missed a good chance.

Thought weston was very poor and o'nien was poor too. I'd prob give jacobsen motm, Stewart was decent too and took his goal well.

The penalty shootout was funny, how blackpools first one went in i dont know, Blackman saved it and as he goes to grab it he rollsover and the ball slips out his hands and just over the line. Be popping up on a bloopers dvd next Christmas i reckon!

All in all a good win, even at 1 down i felt we wouldnt be beat.

• 53 Wycombe fans.

• Great picture on Twitter of the team during the pens. A real togetherness in this team.

• McGinn & Freeman can't even get a game in the tinpot!

• Only one u21 team left in, ironically from the club that dashed our dreams the nearest we got to winning this thing.

• Well done to the fans who went tonight, first game missed of the season, but sounds like a great performance and this can only help to enhance the winning mentality we have in the squad.

• M3GM3G
    edited January 2017

@StrongestTeam Well said on both counts.

• M3GM3G
    edited January 2017

Interestingly, although no surprise I have had texts from a couple of people who went who I know including a family member. Apart from congratulating us on the win the crowd was never above 400-450. Typically as Blackpool have done all season they add on to figures. God knows what they added tonight. Our league gate was inflated by 1,000 home fans as they print tickets hand them to schools and count them in the attendance!

• Does that not mean we will be due more money from tonight than they would have had to pay us if they didn't allegedly inflate the numbers?

It's not a league game so there should be some sort of split.

• RE: Match Day Thread: Blackpool v Wycombe (Checkatrade Trophy 10/01/17)
    (Yesterday 20:31)seasider Wrote:
    Official attendance is given as 776 (53 away fans).

Hahahaha

That has been doubled when you look at the photographic evidence

• @PBo was that the snowy day at Swansea? I seem to recall there were only about 4 or 5 of us there at kick-off due to the weather and the coaches came half way through the first half.

• I was above the away end and counted 33 towards the end of the game, Around 10 fans in the directors box so not sure if they've added them on.

• You know the competition boycott? That doesn't count for the final right?

Asking for a friend

• And a friend has asked if it applies to a game against Oxford.

• Ah yes, my friend asked me that as well

• we won't make the final so doubt u will need to eat your words.

• On a serious note, trophy has now provided £80k in prize money (assuming gate receipts have just covered expenses). Paid for a couple of players salaries. We can afford to be principled. Was Howard, who has to make the books balance, right to vote to take the cash?

• @DevC I think it's more than that - didn't we get £20k for the two wins at group stages, and then maybe £30k for the last round, makes £110k?

Mind you gate receipts from last night won't cover the cost of the half-time oranges let alone an overnight stay in a hotel...