Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool (EFL Trophy)

Comments

• I would imagine that this could be our lowest away attendance since we joined the league - does anyone know what the record is?

Also - is it £40k if we win?

• I think you will find it will be by far the lowest attendance we have played in since we joined the Football league.

• 40k for the win is the only thing that spices this one up.

It is a good opportunity to get the likes of McGinn a game, as well as keeping Bean Thomson, Hayes and Weston involved

• In their home group stage game against Cheltenham, 760 fans turned up (73 away).

I suspect that a few more home fans will turn up as the competition reaches its latter stages. I'm going to put my money on 1,180 fans.

• It is going to be the lowest gate ever in Blackpools history. Pity we will be part of it.
    Here are some predictions http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2634957

• Take note of this comment

Middxile Posted on 10/01/2017 13:41

Tonights crowd sweepstake
    Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message
    I spoke this morning to the Chairman of Wycombe Supporters Trust (who now own the Club) who is a personal friend of mine.
    He is making the long haul North for the game, but he says that they will do well to make double figures.

• Shame that anyone is going from Wycombe

• @Tom Probably 35 at Swansea in the Auto Windscreens Shield first round on January 8 1997.
    For a league match - 58 at Tranmere on September 30 2003 - Lawrie Sanchez's final game in charge.
    I reckon there have been 12 Tinpot Trophy away games where fewer than 100 travelled, 7 Football League games, and a couple of FA Cup replays.

• But it's a live game of football and players who normally don't get a game can be used to see how they perform. Is that not useful regardless of your views on the competition?

• Thanks @NewburyWanderer excellent knowledge

• I'm sure there was an away game at Plymouth in the auto windscreen where we had either 39 or49 away supporting . It was the night before Tony Adams was announced as our new manager. We won on pens. What I remember the game went on for hours as roger Johnson was knocked out.

• In a pub by the ground, haven't seen or recognised any fans yet. Got tickets for the directors box but will sit in the away end (if there is one) for the 1st half.

Only come as its local ish and havent had many opportunities this year to watch us play.

Also had to open a new account as i forgot my password and it didnt send the link to reset it to my email.

• @NewburyWanderer Was a bit suspicious of that Swansea Attendance I went to it and I am sure it is/was wrong. Tranmere correct, another I attended.

• @M3G said:
    NewburyWanderer Was a bit suspicious of that Swansea Attendance I went to it and I am sure it is/was wrong. Tranmere correct, another I attended.

I went the tranmere one with about 4 mates, was made up when i got through the mersey tunnel and i got a text of my dad saying he'd been sacked.

• @ryan_w_kirkby Have a good one tonight mate.

• YES! It's live Checkatrade Trophy action Blackpool v @wwfcofficial live on @BBC3CR & #Chairboys Player from 6.55pm

• Around 20 in the away at the moment

• Make that 30, good effort.

• 1-0 to Blackpool on 9 minutes

• @WelwynWanderer 48 at that Plymouth one. 4th lowest.

• @M3G I think I've seen higher figures quoted for the Swansea game. Can't remember where I got my figure from, but I know it was quoted somewhere. I wasn't there myself, probably someone's unofficial estimate.

• Anyone else have a problem with Player not working or is this just my own technical deficiencies?

• Actually Newbury, there were at least 49. Steward was so impressed at my school age son making it all the way down to Plymouth on a school night that he let him in for nothing.

He was a bit surprised when I them told him we live a few miles up the road and I would be home before him.

Bizarre penalty shout out as I remember with a nber of saves from each keeper being disallowed and kick retaken.

• Congratulations to @Midlander on guessing 9 of the starting line-up. (See Stourbridge - the Opposition View.) Jombati's absence from the starting line-up may or may not be related to the regular leg-flexing on Saturday which I commented on in the same thread.
    I was puzzled to hear that Gape was cup-tied. Did he play in the competition for Southampton?
    Back to the commentary now, with fingers crossed for at least an equaliser and the £40k.

• edited January 2017

1-1 Stewart

• @Brownie My Player stopped working 2 weeks ago, so had to switch browsers now OK on chrome. (was on safari)

• Get in!!

• 5-4 After Penalties Well done the Chairboys.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.