Skip to content

Long Shot But...... Help for Ticket for Saturday

hi there, chairboys fan hoping to attend my first game on Saturday, but have just been told that as i don't have any booking history i can't get a ticket! Is anyone on here able to help?

many thanks!

Comments

• Ridiculous when we won't even sell to our own fans.

• ticket office said they are under 'strict orders not to sell to customers with no booking history'! if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it

• Hopefully we can get through and by attending a couple of games in the meantime you can build a history for a next round ticket

• I believe people with a 'history' can buy more than one. So just ask a fellow chairboy to sort you out. Or 'private message' someone on here.

• @cahcroft TBF, how do the ticket office know you're no a Stourbridge fan? In fact how do we? I've never seen your pseudonym on this forum before. Not saying you aren't btw, but you can see, surely, that it could be seen as an attempt by an away fan to acquire a ticket?

• edited January 2017

I think we need to test @cashcroft's Wycombe knowledge first to ensure this actually is a Wycombe fan.

@cashcroft - who is the worst Wycombe player of all time, and why?

a) Trevor Aylott - because he went for headers below his own knee height
    b) Trevor Aylott - because he regularly got distracted by passing partridges
    c) Trevor Aylott - because he's Trevor Aylott

• i can understand your suspicions, just after a ticket to go saturday as i had been looking forward to it and assumed i could get a ticket no problem!

• Just out of interest, what is it about the sold out away end that first drew you to this fixture?

• I don't see what the problem is with fans in the 'wrong' end anyway, they are human beings, not savages. Would rather it was unsegregated for all but rival games, if you can't sit/stand next to an opposing fan without causing trouble, you don't deserve to be allowed to watch footy anyway

• What does it even matter if they're a Stourbridge fan? If I wasn't buying 4 tickets for others already I'd offer to help.. I'm sure someone will pm you

• I'd be willing to lay a bet that I will be no further than 10 seats away from a Stourbridge fan and that unless they are complete baying idiots (like the Luton morons last season) everything will be just fine.

I have no sympathy for cashcroft for two reasons.
    1. Not wanting to see any of the recent great run deserves a lack of a cup ticket
    2. It is a message from a troll

• Looks like unless you were a season ticket holder or member you didn't have a chance of getting a ticket in the away end (they were able to buy loads each), they never went on general sale or even to people with x number of stubs. So they may well have been to previous games.

• For the record I am purely a Wycombe supporter wanting to see my team as i rarely get the opportunity due to work and living away from the area. I'm not a troll, just wanted to put the question out there if anyone would help that is all!

I appreciate all the responses

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • surprised cashcroft is getting such a grilling here.

But surely @cashcroft , you know one Wycombe fan in the flesh who has bought before, that can get you one?

• Anyone notice 3 fans being evicted from woodlands on Monday?

• @cashcroft Just a suggestion. I assume you have photo ID. Pop to the season ticket with your photo ID and see if you have any luck.
    I would welcome Stourbridge fans in amongst the home fans. It don't bother me so long as they behave with a bit of decorum. In the past we have had all kinds get in the home end and our 12-year old stewards won't do anything to get rid of them when they do act like a-holes.

• I purchased a ticket in person from the ticket office last Saturday before the Newport game. I was not asked for my name or anything to prove I have booking history. For all they know, I could have been a Stourbridge supporter.

• edited January 2017

Unlikely a Stourbridge fan would have come to a Wycombe v Newport game.

• Comment I've read from one Stourbridge supporter...

"Sorted our tickets out today, home fans with a booking history only they said, haha. See you all Saturday."

• Surely you should just need to prove that you live in the area ,regardless of ticket buying history ie showing a driving licence or a recent untility bill etc

• It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that some Stourbridge fans (or sympathetic Baggies, Wolves, Villa etc. fans) live locally round here as well.
    All the plastic Glassboys and girls are coming out for this one though, my girlfriend has suddenly remembered she grew up barely a mile from the Memorial Ground and has been bugging me for a ticket!

• @Mr76 said:
    Surely you should just need to prove that you live in the area ,regardless of ticket buying history ie showing a driving licence or a recent untility bill etc

I don't live in the area. Should I not be allowed to go?

• @drcongo said:
    I don't live in the area. Should I not be allowed to go?

Certainly not.

• I would stand no chance of getting a ticket! I'm ancient enough to remember no fan segrigation and standing shoulder to shoulder with wycombe fans and away fans and joining in with good humoured banter .

• Not criticising anyone and cant see an alternative solution, but it is an odd and damning situation that there are people happy to pay £20 to watch a game of football and a stadium not much better than half full yet they will not be allowed to watch the game.

• 1,000 of them up our end for starters...

• Would the attendance have come out more than 6,000 whatever we did. That's the big question.

Possibly, possibly not. The "all ticket" nature of the game might actually have pushed floating fans into deciding to get their act together and go, in a "this is a special event" sort of way that they have to get involved in.

How many extra fans could Stourbridge have brought? 50? 1,000? Hard to tell.

• Agreed, there's no way of knowing how many we COULD have sold, but...

We sold out within the space of four days - all tickets gone by Thursday 22nd December. There are still plenty of people on social media looking for tickets. In all seriousness, I would estimate we could have sold another 500 very, very easily, possibly up to another 1,000 by now. The interest here has been infectious, I promise you.

That said, hindsight is easy. Before they went on sale, I couldn't for the life of me see us selling out the 1,800 initial allocation.

• @cashcroft said:
    hi there, chairboys fan hoping to attend my first game on Saturday, but have just been told that as i don't have any booking history i can't get a ticket! Is anyone on here able to help?

many thanks!

See Wanderers Facebook page, bloke called Geoff has two tickets for sale in family stand