Skip to content

Match day thread: Newport

Comments

• Good to see Kashket and Bayo rested ahead of the Cup next week

• Bit risky my arse. I put a £10 bet on Kashket getting a hat-trick today! Get him on!!!!

• More risky to rest the Beast IMHO.

He's been unplayable since October.

• @M3G you probably want us to be three up at ht so he doesn't play and get your tenner back!

• Looking like they think this is going to be easy! I think I'll take the dog for a walk and find out later if it was easy It !could be far from easy!.

• What does the crowd look like being today?

• FFS I go make a coffee come back and we're 1 nil down. Bugger!

• I don't want to see that defending again. Might put a few off in the transfer window though! Other than Sammy Wood, the changes haven't worked at all.

• Player says Brown 'kicked it against Aaron Pierre who wasn't looking,' is that about right?

• Triple sub, Beast touch, Wood GOAAAAL! He deserved that - been cracking

• Woody!!!!!!!! Get in!!!!!

• @floyd said:
    Player says Brown 'kicked it against Aaron Pierre who wasn't looking,' is that about right?

There was a bit of that but Pierre held his hands up and took the blame.

• Now you WILL want to see that from PCH!!!

• PCH!!!! A speculative chip!!!!!!!!!!

• Come on boys!!!!!!! Get in!!!

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    PCH!!!! A speculative chip!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing speculative about it. Pure class!

• Sounded like it, was just echoing MC on the player.

Great win lads, onwards on upwards!

• Absolutely zero chance he meant that

• A turgid 1st half and little better in the 2nd until we gifted them the opening goal. Suddenly forced into some changes and I could feel the lift it gave the whole stadium. An instant impact from Bayo coupled with one moment of magic from Woody & I felt the victory would come. Have to admit I wasn't expecting it to come in the class way it did, but made even sweeter by the fact Westley was already foaming at the mouth out of his technical area. Happy days!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @fame_46 said:

Really pleased for PCH as he has been quality recently. Works hard, chases back and assisting where possible. He also has that little bit of extra quality as seen with the goal.

Agree with sentiment, although the last part doesn't make much sense, it was his lack of quality with the final ball which paid off today!

• Love that we're the only team without a red brick in the BBC full table, as pointed out by Bill!

• Great comeback.

Very bad decision from Brown to play the ball to Pierre when he had 2 Newport players fairly close. Pierre's was the mistake, but Brown could have taken any risk away with a big thrash downfield.

The subs left us in no doubt about what our front choice 3 is now, as within seconds Bayo had won a header, letting Wood stick a lovely goal in, and Paris' chip later was magic.

Big decision for Gaz now into where Hayes fits in.

Sub number 1 for me, but i'm not sure he's ever been sub when fit.

• Am I going mad here or did everyone else see a completely different second goal?

Was so blatantly unintentional

• Who cares!

• Great end result, but I just find it funny how people are praising the "quality" of a complete fluke.

Thoroughly deserved win however it came about

• @Username said:
    Great end result, but I just find it funny how people are praising the "quality" of a complete fluke.

Thoroughly deserved win however it came about

On behalf of everyone who thought it was a great goal, I apologise for the offence caused to you.

• The Newport keeper had been off his line all afternoon and I think Paris spotted it. Not sure who ge was crossing for if it wasn't intentional. Great goal in my book.

Sam Wood's was better though.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    The Newport keeper had been off his line all afternoon and I think Paris spotted it. Not sure who ge was crossing for if it wasn't intentional. Great goal in my book.

Sam Wood's was better though.

Now then. As @Username has told us, it was a complete fluke. And with his / her well known credentials, who are any of us to disagree?

Of course PCH spotted it. As you say, who exactly was the 'cross' aimed at?