Skip to content

Morias signs for Peterborough

edited December 2016 in Football

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/2016-17/morais-3483543.aspx

I was always excited to watch him come off the bench for Wycombe. Good luck to him!

Comments

• Good luck to him. But never did it for me I'm afraid.

• pace (which he may have lost two seasons on with non league training), dedicated (never seen a player sweat so much for the cause) BUT lack of calmness in front of goal (even when taking a penalty in the B&B). That a player who couldn't cut it in Div2 or the Conference (B Wood), and never scored a league goal can make it in Div1 looks faintly ridiculous, may be Lea Angol needs someone to go down Nandos with after training?

• As Anya showed, not all players develop at the same age.

Wish him well.

• Wish him luck but can't see him doing well..Enthusiastic when he did come on but no end product for me.

• Seems like Peterborough like picking off players that we release and making them better!

• Not sure if he enough..

• Always thought he had unrealised potential and played as if he had too much excitement to get out, bit older, bit calmer really hope he goes on to do good things with the Posh

• He was a raw talent no doubt but I think too raw for us to do much with considering our limited coaching opportunities and chance of him playing competitive football.
    Good luck to him if he gets a chance.

• We had given him a year's contract, only to very quickly and quietly shuffle him out the door, so it's clear our management team rated him, unlike with Angol.

Just never saw it myself. His signature move seemed to be bundling defenders.

• Good luck Junior. Hope he makes a success of his chance

• Just a bit odd that he was deemed unsuitable for us at L2 level. Dropped down to Boreham Wood, then further down the pyramid to St Albans, then a rocket launch to L1? Maybe Posh see something in his play that suits their style of play. Never saw much in him that made me think he had a future in the game to be honest. Lee Angol as far as I'm aware, hasn't been tearing up tress there, but Posh do like to dip into the lower leagues hoping to polish the odd diamond so good luck to them both.

• Angol started very well but seems to have gone quiet now.

• You'd be quiet @bill_stickers if you'd broken your leg! He had a very successful 2015/16 season, scoring 11 goals in 30 odd matches (about half from the bench) but he
    suffered a broken ankle in a pre-season Friendly in July and only returned to the side in early November. The last picture I have seen of him shows an extraordinary hair style which adds several inches to his 6'2" frame! As a footballer, definitely one we missed out on but other factors may have come into the equation. Who knows.

• Came on and scored today