Skip to content

Kashket signs a new contract

Just confirmed on Twitter. Christmas just arrived early.

Comments

• Until 2019. Excellent news.

• Fantastic work by the club, and a great, mature attitude from Scott to realise he'll be best served by building his reputation here.

• Sensational scenes

• Great news...just need a massive away tie to be drawn out tonight, to cap a great few weeks.

• Just when I thought I couldn't love this man any more... that Ibe money was most timely.

• I didn't have inside information, honestly!

• Brilliant news. Another young talent that Ainsworth has succeeded on bringing to the club. Great time to be a Wycombe fan, and who would have thought that a month ago?

• Even the moaniest moaner couldn't complain at how quickly we've wrapped this up after the hatrick!

• "Just when I thought I couldn't love this man any more... that Ibe money was most timely."

I think you will find that the club are saying it was the funds raised by the 500 club that helped in this. So glad I decided to put my money where my mouth was and ignore some of the negative comments that were floating about when this was started.......

• Is it more justification for not having a youth set up me thinks. The cost of picking up someone's cast-offs is far less than running an academy and fingers crossed Kashket is able to sustain and build on his showing so far we will earn some £££ off him too.
    Anyway - hooray for today.

• Great signing. Let's hope his goals see us promoted and into the Cup Final!

• I'm happy to think my money went towards this fabulous news.

• @Pete - ditto, see you at the end of season party!

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub - that's a good point, he's a technically gifted player who has learned his trade well yet who we picked up for nothing. For every 1 player who successfully comes through an Academy, probably 10+ more are cast into non-league - if you pick them well, return on investment is much higher using the approach the club has taken in the last 3 seasons.

• Have to admit that I needed some self persuading to make my small contribution to 500 Club but I'm more than happy I did so now; exactly the sort of player we should be investing in.

• Fantastic news.

• That's the icing on the cake great stuff ....

• At the last count there are now 252 fans committing £43,290 to GA's player budget

• Well done all concerned! Hopefully he can continue to make a real name for himself wearing the quarters.

• @DJWYC14 assuming that means some fans are contributing more than once?

• @fromtheside yes, some have made more than 1 one off payment and others more than the requested £12.50 monthly contribution. No one thought to say no ;)

• Congrats and fair play to all those who have contributed. Hats off.

• I work for a global news outlet and there is a pretty decent Scott kashket feature coming in this weeks The League Paper, it's out today or tomorrow not sure

• I read it this morning. He's certainly been through some crap to become a pro footballer so fair play to him for keeping going.

• Thanks for the link. Interesting article.

More than a hint that it was anti-Semitism that did for him at Orient. I didn't realise he was Jewish, but frankly who cares. Akinfenwa is coming across more and more as a very positive influence behind the scenes for the club, reinforcing Ainsworth's approach to treatment of young players.

WWFC no doubt have weaknesses but overall I see us an impressive operation with a tradition of doing things the right way - from the family awards we picked up in Hayes days, through the way we handled the death of Mark Philo and Mrs Gorman to the way we treat young players now.

• I think I figured it by how many previous articles I found about him were in the Jewish Chronicle.

• Very hard to see any reason for what happened to him at Orient other than antisemitism.

• Bit of a jump that....

I've seen rumours that Kashket's dad's and the orient chairman weren't best of friends to say the least.

• Why is it a "bit of a jump"? What else do we know about Kashket that might cause that kind of behaviour? He seems a nice enough lad. It seems quite likely that Kashket's dad is also Jewish, even though Judaism is inherited on the mother's side.

I find it fascinating, frankly, that so many people, when faced by the fact that a member of a minority group has had a bad experience, are only prepared to accept that their membership of the group was the cause of the bad experience when all other possible causes have been eliminated. There are enough racists, antisemites and misogynists around to make their membership of the minority group (or majority group, in the case of women) the most and not least likely explanation.