Skip to content

Creative help please

Well sort of...

It has been decided that we will buy a new flag in the next few weeks. A 14x8 foot flag from Footballflags.co.uk.

Apart from incorporating the old style Wycombe crest I wanted to get some other ideas from the more creative fans out there.

All suggestions (serious ones please) welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• A full size photo of the Beast!

• Something depicting the furniture heritage of the town

• I'd like to see "The Old Bucks Boys" banded around a bit more.

The big banner with that on it that sits in the Frank Adams doesn't seem to be around that often anymore.

• edited December 2016

@bill_stickers I believe it is covering some garden furniture somwhere in East Berks @ReadingMarginalista

• Steve Hayes face with the words NEVER AGAIN

• There was a flag at Chesterdefiled 1887 Bucks Boys on tour. I know he has trouble getting it in to some grounds. It is nowhere near as big as you are suggesting.
    On the idea I would like" Chairboys" on there.

• Chesterdefiled. Should that not be Chezdefiled?

• Thanks guys.

Hoping to incorporate a Frank Adams picture on there too if we can. It would also be nice to include a reference to bring fan owned.

Something like " by the fans for the fans" I told you I need some creative help :-)

• @fromtheside could we on the gasroom give some financial aid to help or perhaps get a better flag than you may otherwise afford. Especially as you may incorporate ideas of others?

• @EwanHoosaami I think you may have unearthed a good idea there.

Whilst I don't think it would be right to take donations for a flag that I am buying for my own personal use. I do think it's a great idea to look at getting a large flag that can be displayed across the Valley End before every home game (like the old Bartercard one). We can also take it to away games as and when it's possible.

@AlanCecil I am putting you on here as it may be something you can help with or put us in touch with someone else who can. Many clubs do it and ask for donations from fans for displays so hopefully could work.

• Sounds like you're after something a bit like this, which is a thing of beauty...

• @fromtheside from a personal perspective, I have always thought that these flags being passed along the crowd make a good spectacle. Also, my personal current run of poor health & finances, means unless its very local, I can't get to many away games. It would help capture the mood listening to @bluntphil on player describing the flag in the stadium as it's passed around. Plus I think it would help bring a greater bond/community feel amongst the fans?

• I'd happily chip in a few quid for something like this. It does look good to see a huge flag being passed around the fans. German supporters have taken visual displays like this to a whole new level and it looks superb, although they keep it up for the whole game and you do wonder how many of them can actually see anything...

• Love the idea of a large flag being passed around

• @Fidget superb that one.

@Jonny_King @EwanHoosaami both absolutely right in that it would help generate some atmosphere pre match, looks good to to the players and oppo too. You're probably talking about 500 quid for one big enough to display before every home game. I think this has legs will just need some help. @bluntphil be interested to hear your thoughts.

We could run a competition where fans vote on 3 or 4 designs. Supporters Trust and Supporters Club may also be able to chip in.

• Would also be more than happy to chip in to something like this and help promote through the Trust. Would require someone savvy enough tech wise to suggest some designs etc though!

• Cheers @DJWYC14 that's great.

Footballflags.co.uk and Barmy Flags both have an online designer which would help. But yes we could do with someone to help out with the creative tech side.

• @peterparrotface It's currently safely in storage out of the cold and away from any jealous local biscuit weirdos.

If anyone would like to take over banner curation duties and can take it on tour more than I can these days, send me a private message on here.

• @bill_stickers said:
    I'd like to see "The Old Bucks Boys" banded around a bit more.

The big banner with that on it that sits in the Frank Adams doesn't seem to be around that often anymore.

Yep this is the only song that is truly ours alone, shame that those who support 'Wycombe FC (they're the one for me) can't sing a song with more than three different lines of lyrics, so let's get the flag out instead

• Noted @perfidious_albion
    We also used to have the 100% Wycombe light blue flag which I believe had a picture of Frank Adams on it? Does anyone have a pic of that?

• @perfidious_albion I think the problem with the Old Bucks Boys chant is the melody. The lyrics are fantastic and it could easily be a brilliant anthem, but the tune doesn't catch the imagination of today.

Some might consider it blasphemy, but I feel that the lyrics could be put to another more catchy song and it could take off.

• There's always this of course:

• @bill_stickers said:
    perfidious_albion I think the problem with the Old Bucks Boys chant is the melody. The lyrics are fantastic and it could easily be a brilliant anthem, but the tune doesn't catch the imagination of today.

Some might consider it blasphemy, but I feel that the lyrics could be put to another more catchy song and it could take off.

Agreed Bill, although 'on the ball city' at Norwich' doesn't seem to suffer. But in the spirit of embracing chafe perhaps those in contact with 'da yuuf' behind the goal could ask them which top tuuune OBB scans along to, get drummer boy on board, Matt Cecil to tweet the lyrics and away we go.

• Change not chafe!!

• @fromtheside Anything extra for me to bang on about on the commentary is a bonus for me, especially at home as I'm positioned very close to the away end.

• Okay URL's and HTML img tags, you win.
    I give up trying to post anything remotely technical on here.

The words 'SENT FROM HEAVEN 1887' printed over a quarter each... with crest in the centre.

I posted it on the Fans FB page a week or so ago to celebrate the anniversary of our first ever win. It looks nicer than described.

Anything even half as good as the 100% SOUL OWNER or WYCOMBE TIL I DIE 1884 flags would be class. (I love that we screwed up our centenary.. . it's very Wycombe).

• Picture of Martin O'Neill, accompanied by the words "I have this silly little dream"

• Also a while back, and apologies to whomever it was because I've forgotten and it was brilliant, someone referred to Adams Park as "the theatre of silly little dreams"

That would definitely work on a banner

• Some great ideas. Thanks all!

@DJWYC14 can we start getting the wheels in motion? First steps would be to collate all the ideas from here plus any other suggestions which I am happy to do. Then maybe @StrongestTeam can work up some designs?