Skip to content

Leyton orient

Not surprisingly they are a bit peeved at the moment if you look at their forum....I wonder why leytonorientforum.co.uk

Comments

• Interesting post from that site,

"Re: Scott Kashket scores for Wycombe !
    PostPosted by Jurgen Windcaller's Horn » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:51 pm
    It is my understanding that Scott was released by Becchetti due to an altercation with Kashket's father. I cannot prove the veracity of this claim, but it comes from a reputable source inside the club.
    Jurgen Windcaller's Horn
    Site Moderator"

Just been reading up about Leyton Orient owner Francesco Becchetti, makes Steve Hayes look like a paragon of virtue...

• Too light, too slight.
    Too small, prone to fall.
    Too nippy, too slippy.
    Too weak, prospects bleak

Transferred out, gaining clout.
    Looks to score, goals galore.
    No surprise, Wycombe rise,
    Orient down, Franco - you clown!

Found this on the Leyton orient forum
    Thank you orient. Your loss our gain

• That's wonderful. @FlyingPostman commented yesterday that he thought Scott would sign (not that he would be offered) a new short-term contract because he is "fairly lightweight ".
    I said I was certain that he would not be offered another short-term contract. If you're good enough you're big enough.
    Lionel Messi isn't exactly man-mountain.
    It surely has to be at least two and a half years. And to think that he's only 20.

• Sorry Micra, I didn't explain myself. He won't want to sign a long term contract and therefore the best that the club can hope for is a short term deal. I think that he will see out the season as he must realise how Bayo has helped him and leaving for another club in January when he has just started scoring is too risky.

• It's nice to pick up a fantastic player on a free who was written off.

We have been on the other side of it a few times in recent with the likes of Anya and Angol.

• @FlyingPostman said:
    Sorry Micra, I didn't explain myself. He won't want to sign a long term contract and therefore the best that the club can hope for is a short term deal. I think that he will see out the season as he must realise how Bayo has helped him and leaving for another club in January when he has just started scoring is too risky.

You say he won't want to but, unless you know for a fact that he won't want to, I don't see why not. He will have been reassured (and history confirms this) that Wycombe would not stand in his way if he chose to accept a more lucrative offer at any stage during the currency of that contract. Natural born goalscorers are worth their weight in gold of course and Scott Kashket has the potential to put this club on a very sound financial footing.

Exciting times indeed and, who knows, by 7.20 this evening they could have become even more exciting!

• Being 'lightweight' is an asset against most L2 centre halves - his acceleration is frightening, he wins balls you think he's got no right to with a burst of speed. Not afraid to get stuck in as well.

Lightweight doesn't mean a light touch!

• Absolutely spot on @Grawlix.

• lightweight on its own isn't particularly beneficial, remember Benyon?

Lightweight, with incredible acceleration and pace, like Kashket, is a different story.
    We got a hint what he could offer when he scored in the Jackofaalltrades cup.

Now we know what he is capable of, and Ainsworth's plan of using pace off Akinfenwa is now working well.

I'm interested to see whether we'll try Paris AND Kashket off Bayo. Can we leave Hayes out? We should try it as he hasn't been that influential in my eyes.

• Did score the key first goal Saturday though!

• Signed until 2019. Excellent news.

• @Malone - that is a front 3 that would cause total havoc against some teams, agreed. Paul Hayes' influence has been less marked this season, but if you watch his game closely, he's still cleverly involved in many ways. Nice to have the option anyway - plus Thommo has looked more effective recently IMHO.

• With the way we're playing at the moment Thompson is a bench warmer at best,with his contract up next summer time to move him on to save us money.

• Should Scott K start against Orient? My worry is that he will be a 'marked man' and they will be out to get him, we need him fit for the Christmas fixtures, if I were Gaz I'd be tempted to rest him - the last thing Orient will be expecting.

• I would rest the Beast, Hayes, Kashket and Pierre now we have a chance of getting in the play offs. Replacing with Cowan Hall, Thompson, Bean and De Haviland isn't going to drastically weaken the side.

• Scott K...K Scott.....written in the stars

• I'm with @mooneyman the league should be the priority

• @NorsQuarters Orient is a League match?

• Surely he will score against the club that discarded him...it's one of the inevitables of football innit?

• Sorry @LX1 I meant rested against Millwall! As for LO, I can't see them targeting our man just because he plays better for us. Perhaps I am being naive but with the Beast on the pitch I can't see any of our boys being bullied!

• Sorry I meant Millwall as well.

• I'd argue that making those 4 changes above WOULD certainly weaken the side!

And do people forget that we have Paris on loan from Millwall, so doubtful we can play him against them!

• Beam Us Up Scotty vol.II