Skip to content

Tonight's A.G.M

It will be interesting if they discuss any of the following:

1) Where are we with the 5 year plan? What does is the target in the original plan for this year?

2) What happened to the signed letter regarding the training ground referenced in this year's minutes from last year's A.G.M?

3) How did we vote at the last F.L meeting on 3G pitches?

4) Can the Trust confirm they will allow members of the C.B.S. to vote as to whether we want 3G or not?

5) They've filled four positions with only four candidates, were any other candidates dissuaded from standing?

Any feedback would be very welcome.

Comments

• And hopefully we'll find out what's happening regarding the Ibe money owed.

• It would be interesting to know (although we won't be told) whether the delay in getting any money is due to the original sale agreement terms being unclear and needing legal interpretation?

• Announced tonight that the full debt to Steve Hayes has been paid off

• Thank God that whole sordid relationship can now be put behind us. Let's remember history when the next money man raises his ugly head.

• Being lazy. What was th debt to SH?

• @Slaphead said:
    Thank God that whole sordid relationship can now be put behind us. Let's remember history when the next money man raises his ugly head.

Indeed. Won't happen though. You'll just get shouted down as unambitious if you suggest caution.

• It should be noted that Steve Hayes made a significant donation to the Trust when the debt was settled. I am no lover of the man but credit where credit is due.

• Great news and still some money left in the pot. Onwards & upwards.

• @ABC1234 Whre did the conspiracy theory in Pint 5 come from?

• Will be interesting to see the revised debt position in due course but it's a big event to pay off Steve Hayes.
    Does anyone have an idea of how much Hayes money he wrote off or donated compared to that paid back.

• Still £1.3m debt remains. Some money still left over after paying off Hayes, will probably be used to reduce remaining debt.

Did I hear Stroud say the trust we're looking at other investors?

Just a thought , but with the debts greatly reduced and the finances in general looking to be under control. This club looks much more attractive to any potential buyer out there.

I even wondered if Steve Hayes might be interested in buying the club back.

• @Stewie63: You must be living in cloud cuckoo land even wondering whether the supporters would agree to selling the club back to Shylock!

• @mooneyman said:
    Stewie63: You must be living in cloud cuckoo land even wondering whether the supporters would agree to selling the club back to Shylock!

If he spun his 'don't worry about the money' line again, you'd get plenty welcoming him back with open arms.

• Never again.

What we have is absolutely brilliant. Of course it's hard financially and we have no youth team and any decent offers we get for players usually have to be accepted but I can accept all that not to have to put up with any more of the nonsense we saw from SH and his ilk.

We know what we are and we know what we're trying to achieve. So many clubs fans would love to have what we do.

• @Stewie63 Who do we owe the outstanding £1.3m to?

• Interesting that the left over cash is not being ear-marked for a youth development set up.
    The more time goes by the more one has to think that although a youth system is a great thing for a club to have in terms of engagement it is simply not economic with the EPPP valuation of players coming out the scheme. Its far better to grab the occasional 'reject' such Aaron Pierre, Luke O'Nein (possibly) Scott Kashket keep them for a couple of years and flog them on.

• Hear hear to @TheatreOfChairs and @TheAndyGrahamFanClub. Couldn't get to last night's meeting. Had been really looking forward to it until yesterday when the dreaded back spasms struck. I guess more details of the financial situation will be revealed at this evening's meeting.

• @micra The financial forum is next Thursday not tonight. Sorry to hear about the back but you have an extra week to get over it!

• http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/news/wycombe-chairman-paying-steve-hayes-12257040

Sounds like we are going for buying unpolished or injured gems over youth. Sounds good so COYB!

• I still find it very sad that Howard seems to have no thirst whatsoever for restarting the youth team structure. For me it is at the very core of what our club should be about and it's status in the community is greatly enhanced.

The examples of Kashket and Muller interest me as both were given short term contracts and if the reason for having them is development and looking to the future the length of the contract needs to be longer.

It is clearly not an option in the short term. I can see that. I would just like to hear a little more enthusiasm for it as a goal. For every Pierre and O'Nien who are much better examples of development for me we run the risk of having lean years on this and running out of sellable assets to balance the books.

• The numbers simply don't add up to run a youth system, let alone start one up again. EPP has killed that notion for "smaller" clubs

• @Right_in_the_Middle I agree but I think I am right in thinking we can develop a player from a embryo and when they get to pro football time we can lose them for a MAXIMUM of £75k. Its simply not worth it.
    The EPPP is a failed system that delivers no benefit to English player development and once again put the greedy hogs in the Premier League at an advantage to the lower leagues.
    It is convenient for the powers that be to ignore cases like Alfie Mawson and the input from Wycombe and Barnsley in getting him ready for the PL. More distastefully it puts players in the EPPP system in a bubble that is so toxic with money it is messing up a whole generation of young players.

• @Wig_and_Pen said:
    micra The financial forum is next Thursday not tonight. Sorry to hear about the back but you have an extra week to get over it!

Phew, thanks for that. I'm clearly not thinking straight!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

The examples of Kashket and Muller interest me as both were given short term contracts and if the reason for having them is development and looking to the future the length of the contract needs to be longer.

It is clearly not an option in the short term. I can see that. I would just like to hear a little more enthusiasm for it as a goal. For every Pierre and O'Nien who are much better examples of development for me we run the risk of having lean years on this and running out of sellable assets to balance the books.

Messrs Kashket and Muller are young players who have been recognised as having potential (exceptional potential, I believe, in Muller's case) but not proven over a long enough period to justify more than a short-term contract. In the case of Scott Kashket, it would be surprising if he is not already being offered a contract of at least 2 years. Obviously Max Muller is unproven in the hurly burly of League 2 football and will be desperate to make an impression over the next month or so.

This has to be the way ahead for the foreseeable future and I am very much with @Username and @NorsQuarters in this respect.

• It is of course a massive shame we don't have a youth system/academy, whatever you term it.

I don't understand why some fans seem to have such a huge mental block understanding why it's completely unworkable for us for the foreseeable.

I wonder if they're the same fans who everytime we sell a player insist we should spend some of it on transfers, even with a huge debt to contend with.

• @bill_stickers said:
    Stewie63 Who do we owe the outstanding £1.3m to?

No idea

• I like the idea of having a reserve team again it could be a good way to get local talent plus easing injury problems.

• It ain't gonna happen @brittanywanderer.