Skip to content

Chesterfield

Haven't been up ther since they moved to the new stadium. Any Chairboys recommend a good away friendly pub pre game? Preferably one that serves a decent Ale.

Comments

• edited November 2016

The Derby Tup... Chas Harps all time favourite boozer, 6 min walk to the ground 10+ ales & ciders

• Umm !! The Derby Tup, the pub that wraps up bottles of real ale in paper. And then the contents are not to disimilar to what you would poor out of a 3 day old hot water bottle.

• @ChasHarps sounds like a lovely place.

• @RogertheBandito @ChasHarps One of my pub choices from our debut season in the league wasn't it. Cracking place.

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2016

Think I went to the Rutland Arms next to the crooked spire when i went years ago. A good real ale pub in town centre. Not great if driving straight to ground though.

• As I've stated before, watching WWFC away at Chesterfield has resulted in a multitude of heavy defeats. I wouldn't hex the lads anyway by going, even if I could. I had my other knee replaced on Friday last week, so any away game is off my list until nearer Christmas sadly.

• Don't worry @EwanHoosaami. I'll take over the Hexing duties for you at Chesterfield. Get well soon

• Cheers @bookertease. Thanks for the get well message. I shall be listening in to @bluntphil & Co, hopefully from home rather than the trauma, orthopaedic & torture ward as I was last Saturday.
    Good fortune to all that travel.

• Get well soon @EwanHoosaami. Rutland Arms sounds perfect @LX1. Will we be seeing you in there for a pre match ale?

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2016

@fromtheside I will be in Chesterfield from around midday and possibly the Rutland, along with a couple of non-WWFC northern allies I've roped into supporting the cause

• Evening lads, Everton fan here in peace.

I'm in Chesterfield Saturday afternoon and fancy going to the game. Will there be tickets available at the stadium on the day for your end? I'd Much rather be in an away end.

• LX1LX1
    edited December 2016

Yes there will. £12 on the gate. £10 in advance.

Keep your ticket as a souvenir for when we win the Cup.

• Priceless analogy with the beer andhot water bottle @ChasHarps. Still chuckling a day later.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Priceless analogy with the beer andhot water bottle ChasHarps. Still chuckling a day later.

Glad at least somebody "got" it.

• @LX1 said:
    Yes there will. £12 on the gate. £10 in advance.

Keep your ticket as a souvenir for when we win the Cup.

Thanks mate

• Is anyone getting the train to Chesterfield from London?

• Blackpool to Chesterfield for me. #awayday

• I hope @joey_macmo got his ticket!