Skip to content

Comments

• It puts the cherry atop of the creamiest pudding reading opinions of fans who don't absolutely loathe us.

• Comments were fair..Hartlepool looked like a side that could pass around but didn't..Never roughed it up either so offered very little.

• I'm pleased I didn't roll out my opposition bingo card yesterday. Hopefully normality will resume next week.

• Hopefully not.

• @Aylesburyblue said:
    Comments were fair..Hartlepool looked like a side that could pass around but didn't.

They most certainly did in the first half. It was so refreshing to see two League 2 teams playing football. I have a lot of respect for the monkey hangers.

• They played out from the back every time they had it, played very attractive football just had nothing in the final third

• @bigred87 said:
    They played out from the back every time they had it, played very attractive football just had nothing in the final third

Fair point. At least until the fear and panic set in 10-15 minutes before half time! Have long admired their approach - it has led to some good matches against them. Wish them well for the rest of the season except on 18 March (or if they're blocking a playoff place!)

• I thought we were precisely the wrong side for Hartlepool's style of football. The high press, particularly in the first half, meant they lost the ball in dangerous positions at least 4 or 5 times. You have to adjust to the opposition you're playing against, unless you're much better than them. They aren't and didn't.