Skip to content

Comments

• I watched hartlepool on tues v accrington, got a dubious penalty resulting in accy going down to 10 men (later rescinded). Won 2-0 but were poor in general. Fancy us strongly tomorrow.

Lookout for josh laurent, an ex academy player who looked like he could play alot higher than league 2.

• 4-0 Wycombe. You heard it here first.

• Jeff Stelling will be no doubt be complaining about our usual cheating and time wasting!

• Late change of referee...

In comes James Adcock whose first ever Football League game was our 1-0 win at Macclesfield n 2011 when an epic bundle saw three sent off and Ainsworth score the winner.

He also reffed our 0-0 at Scunthorpe towards the end of the great escape season.

• @Vital said:
    Late change of referee...

In comes James Adcock whose first ever Football League game was our 1-0 win at Macclesfield n 2011 when an epic bundle saw three sent off and Ainsworth score the winner.

He also reffed our 0-0 at Scunthorpe towards the end of the great escape season.

Like the sound of him!

Another player who needs to be kept on a tight rein is Padraig (pordrick) Amond, originally from Sligo, who scored 30 goals for Grimsby last season and already has 7 this season.

• Sorry, meant to say 30 goals in 37 appearances. Impressive!

• His only contribution tuesday was winning/diving for the pen.

Not going today so will be looking out for updates on here. 2-0 home win please

• weston,pch and Rowe not in squad what's happened to them?

• I think Rowe was injured against Doncaster (came off at half time), although not sure this has actually been officially stated by the club.

• @Jonny_King said:
    I think Rowe was injured against Doncaster (came off at half time), although not sure this has actually been officially stated by the club.

He was. Must have been worse than it seemed at the time. PCH only very minor according to what he told @bluntphil yesterday and he expects to be available for Chesterfield. With Paul Hayes not looking great yesterday (fitness wise) a front three of PCH, Bayo and Scott Kashkett could be pretty tasty.

• Has anyone got a clue about weston?

• We are winning, more than losing, with a few of the Calvary in and out of the team.

So Weston, will come good, when he's back, expect good performance, playing in a winning and competitive team.

• @micra , I thought Hayes looked as mobile in his chasing down as he has done for a long time. Which doesn't say much I appreciate.

He has to be on borrowed time in that position in the team with Kashket and Paris around. Even Weston, Wood too.

• @Malone said:
    micra , I thought Hayes looked as mobile in his chasing down as he has done for a long time. Which doesn't say much I appreciate.

He has to be on borrowed time in that position in the team with Kashket and Paris around. Even Weston, Wood too.

Unfortunately, after all the chasing down, he appeared to have picked up a groin strain and limped off towards the end of the game. Hope I'm wrong as he is such an influence on the game but I reckon Bayo could (and has been) a similar catalyst.

• I thought he was sensational 2 years ago. Never fit last year. And this year a little bit of a muchness to be honest.

I think the strong defence, O Nien, Paris and Bayo are more important to us these days.