Skip to content

Match day thread: Hartlepool

Apologies for being slightly early, I am unlikely to have internet access tomorrow.

Comments

• Well, seeing as @BSE is super organised...

WW v Hartlepool will be on 3CR DAB and Chairboys Player with myself and Ballroom Bill

COYB!

• May as well join the party - there will be a limited number of copies of the latest edition of 'The Wanderer' on sale from the WWISC stand on Hillbottom Road prior to the game. Free to WWISC members, £1.50 to non-comformists.

Snap them up or face eternal damnation.

Possibly.

• Looking forward to the game after our good recent run.

Will be interesting to see if Sido starts (doubts over Harriman's fitness too). After those 3 identical free kick goals from Sido, I'd like to see a carbon copy attempt if he gets the chance.

So often defences position a GK the other side of the wall, and essentially say to the player 'are you good enough to curl the ball over the wall, get it up and down and in the corner'. Sido seems to have perfected that art so it'd be interesting to see how Hartlepool faced up to it!

• Looking forward to the commentary. Come on you blues!

• Anyone else unable to access the player area of the site? DNS error.

• the terrace looks very empty

• Get in!!! Kashket!!

• Very good half for us. Went at Hartlepool from the off. Should have had more goals.

• Great Stuff today. Great league position. Looks like we have turned a corner

• Look out for the bus.

• Even better I had £30 on 2-0 17/2. Great result though.

• 4 League wins on the trot and up to 6th i think,bloody hell!

• Great game, really entertaining stuff. We must be only be one win away from 'Gasroom concern about the shortening length of Ainsworth's contract'

• Good result very well done

• The best game at AP for a long time. Hartlepool looked really good in possession at the back, but rarely threatened our goal. Not sure that the Monkey Hanger scouts had done their homework as everything the launched in the box was easy for Blackman. Good to see Kashket, very direct and great control. Looking forward to the opposition fans views, we were not dirty, aggressive or time wasting. A good day.

• Best league game at AP in 2016. Pressed them to death first half high up the pitch and they could not cope. Kashket very lively and Akinfenwa very unlucky not to score today. Great stuff

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • High press was superb and worked really well. Lots of energy all over the pitch and I can't think of a single player that didn't have a decent game.

Definitely the best performance of 2016.

Hartlepool were neat on the ball but didn't really have a plan B when we forced them to kick long.

The only negative: the drummer. Thumping the damned thing over and over and over again does not a good atmosphere make.

• Without the drummer Adams Park would be like a morgue!!

• According to the BBC that brings Kashket's goal count up to 6 making him our top scorer this season!

• @niebieski and in just eight games too! Not sure how many of those are starts, could be as few as three/four. Superb record and real gem of a find by GA. A few Orient fans expressed their disappointment at losing him when we picked him up - they must be distraught now.

• Glenactico & mooneyman. The atmosphere was a bit flat today. Not helped with Hartlepool winning the toss. I take my hat off to the lad, he doesn't give up, and tries to keep the terrace singing regardless of the team performance.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Glenactico & mooneyman. The atmosphere was a bit flat today. Not helped with Hartlepool winning the toss. I take my hat off to the lad, he doesn't give up, and tries to keep the terrace singing regardless of the team performance.

Except it doesn't help. Nobody wants to sing for fear that it will give him an excuse to start banging the fucking thing again.

• Looked just about level for the second goal looking at the highlights.

Two excellent finishes.

• Without him it would be flat down there........who goes to a football match and complains about noise jesus Christ

• Back to the match, what a win! Three points off Luton and all rosy! What a difference a month makes!

• Another great result. Was it better than 5-1 against crewe?

• @bigred87 said:
    Without him it would be flat down there........who goes to a football match and complains about noise jesus Christ

I'm all for noise. Much more of it in fact. My point is that standing next to a bloke thumping a drum on his own for 89 out of 90 minutes does not inspire any sort of atmosphere whatsoever.