Skip to content

Match day thread: Newport

Comments

• This game will be abandoned by H/T as the weather has been shit all day. Newport have a pitch that wouldn't be accepted in non league football so why make our fans travel to South Wales to waste their money?

• GAME ON!

Live commentary will be on BBC3CR DAB and on Chairboys Player

COYB

• Weston and Freeman not on the bench. Presumably not fit?

• @robin said:
    This game will be abandoned by H/T as the weather has been shit all day. Newport have a pitch that wouldn't be accepted in non league football so why make our fans travel to South Wales to waste their money?

1: half time has passed and the game is still going
    2: no fan has been 'made' to attend

• Siiiidddoooooo!

• Get in! This is the kind of grit that got us to Wembley.

• He is brilliant Sido - hopefully will see more of him this season

• Fantastic result. Well done to those in attendance tonight. Two late winners away from home - what a reward for making both journeys.

After the Barnet game I felt we were at a tipping point. We had two games (Doncaster and Pompey) where we were expected to lose but had to experiment in the hope of finding a more effective strategy. We seem to have done that by switching to a 4231.

And then going into November we had 4 winnable games to try and push us up the table - so far it is three wins from a three...roll on Saturday!

• Added bonus of MK Dons losing & dropping in to the relegation zone. Great night.

• edited November 2016

@Glenactico sorry to argue with you about formations on a second thread, but from listening to Player tonight, weren't we playing a 4-1-3-2? That's how it sounded to me anyway.

Anyway, a great win. I'd love to see Jombati play more often - he adds so much more fun, flair and pizzazz to our play. And goals!

• Good result very well done.

• Quality! Bring on Saturday.

• What an amazing few days! Let's keep this run going. Well done to Gareth and the lads.

• @aloysius said:
    Glenactico sorry to argue with you about formations on a second thread, but from listening to Player tonight, weren't we playing a 4-1-3-2? That's how it sounded to me anyway.

Anyway, a great win. I'd love to see Jombati play more often - he adds so much more fun, flair and pizzazz to our play. And goals!

I may be wrong. I'll have to defer to those making their way home from Wales.

Either way, three points! Hoorah!

• Sounded like Kashket made an impact when he came on?

• Well done lads and fans .... and again on saturday please ....

• We're one place and one point off the playoff places. It's a funny old game.

• Ainsworth out

• Sounded like a fairly dire game to me. But three points, onwards and upwards.

• The juggernaut is rolling, see you in Morecambe for the promotion party

• I am gruntled. Reasons to be cheerful?

• We beat a Westley team
    • An away double
    • No need for excuses about the boggy pitch; the referee; opposition tactics etc etc
  • @leapfrog said:
    I am gruntled. Reasons to be cheerful?

• We beat a Westley team
    • An away double
    • No need for excuses about the boggy pitch; the referee; opposition tactics etc etc

Good post leapfrog my sentiments exactly

• Confession time. I'd never heard gruntled used as an antonym of disgruntled. In fact I didn't know the word existed. I do hope it doesn't become common usage.

• Gruntle came into being around around the fifteenth century!

• @mooneyman said:
    Gruntle came into being around around the fifteenth century!

Around the same 'math' came into use which we only now know as in aftermath, O won't trouble you with a meaning. I like gruntle by the way and will be using it tomorrow, ta!

• @micra, reminds me of people using the word "seemly", when i'd only ever herd "unseemly"

• Don't be sheepish Malone.

• I like the word liminal - most people would use the word subliminal without knowing the meaning of liminal or that it even exists. Yes, yes, I need to get out more.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Around the same 'math' came into use which we only now know as in aftermath, O won't trouble you with a meaning. I like gruntle by the way and will be using it tomorrow, ta!

Haven't checked but I seem to recall that it refers to the growth of grass following mowing.

• I blame a "sticky" A key @micra, for that horrific slip.

ps are you getting a bit obsessional with your pedantic behaviour? I prefer your trolling work, both here and on the Ralph Lauren, sorry WWFC page