Skip to content

London based Chairboys fans...

Greetings

Are there any London based Chairboys fans on here? I'm looking at sorting out a midweek trip to a decent pub for Chairboys discussion whilst grabbing some interviews with fans for a podcast on the season so far.

If we all don't massively fall out over our favourite Jamal Blackman haircut, this could become a regular event...

Comments

• Trip to the pub! Wwfc related chat! Podcast fame!

Where do I sign up?

• Tempting but I'm not moving to London "any time soon"!

• I don't blame you @micra. To clarify, you don't have to live in London but due to completely selfish reasons (I can have a beer!), this gathering will take place in the Smoke, maybe nearish to Marylebone?

@Glenactico email me [email protected]

• I'm london based, both work and living. I'd be up for this

• Tempting.

• I am based in north London and would be up for a pint with some fellow fans.

• I'm north too, but work in Fitzrovia so central drinking is fine.

• Ok. We have enough for a reasonable gathering.

How does Wednesday 16th Nov (Cup replay permitting) or 23rd Nov sound?

KO 7pm?
    Venue - West End/Central (open to suggestions) or The Three Kings in Clerkenwell (nearest tube Farringdon) is a great pub and there is a small function room upstairs I might be able to get.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll make the arrangements.

• 16th good for me. 23rd less so

• Right then. Lets go for the 16th... @drcongo @OakwoodExile @StrongestTeam @bill_stickers. Any decent central pub suggestions? Ideally ones that aren't absolutely rammed. Or let me know if the Three Kings in Clerkenwell is good and I'll see if I can get their room booked.

• The Clerkenwell one would work for me

• Sorry I have only just seen this. I am off to a gig that night I'm afraid. Would love to do it at some point soon though.

• The 16th and Clerkenwell are both good for me but we seem to have lost half our potential attendees. I'm still happy to turn up in case there are any shy people who would come but haven't declared so in advance.

• I can still make the 16th in Clerkenwell I think, though I might be closer to 7.30pm.

• Anyone on here based in Somerset?

• Can't do the 16th but let me know if this happens again as based in London.

• Is this on for this evening?

• This is on!
    Sorry, been snowed under last few days so not been on here. I'll be at Three Kings at 7pm, at the bar downstairs.

@drcongo @eric_plant @Glenactico

• Worst hooligan firm in history

• I've just realised that we will have to, initially at least, address each other by our Gasroom user names...

• edited November 2016

All sounds a bit keys in the bowl

• Based on username alone, I'm imagining Dr Congo as some kind of David Livingstone-type figure wearing full khakis and a pith helmet. I don't really know why.

• edited November 2016

Who knows what this event will hold? Perhaps we will all scurry back to the relative safety of our online personas, never to be seen again.

@sandsexile My Sido Jombati wig, combined with Sieb Dykstra WW goalkeeping top should make me stand out from the crowd. Saying that, we are dangerously close to East London and everyone dresses like that there nowadays.

• edited November 2016

Can't make tonight but would love to join in future. Perhaps an EOSPUIL?

• I'm looking unlikely I'm afraid @bluntphil, going to be working late into the night.

• @drcongo sorry to hear that. Were still here!

• edited November 2016

An excellent evening of Chairboys conversation from the present day, with more than a glance to our glorious past too.

Many beers were taken, and some recordings were made.
    Many thanks to @eric_plant and @OakwoodExile for their company and chat.

A January date for more of the same will be set soon...

• Yeah, really great evening and thanks to both for your company. Possibly the highlight of the evening was realising that Eric and I had both been at the same match (Sweden v. Bulgaria) in Lisbon at Euro 2004. Possibly the lowlight that I got the score wrong!

• @bluntphil when's the next one Phil?

• Apologies all, I've just moved house and the midweek games are frequent too.

The last (and first) meet up resulted in a wonderful run of form so this should definitely happen again. I still have the audio of that first meeting to share too.

How does the 22nd Feb sound? Col U away will be a fresh topic...