Skip to content

The Opposition View - Morecambe

Comments

• that was the least theatrical performance I've seen us play in a while. Morecambe were a dreadful, niggly team. Should've had at least 2 reds.

• I must stop reading these they continue to make angry. 'Rolled along the line' have another look Mr Bentley. Yes we rode our luck then buthe they should have been down to 9 men by then.

• I assumed the Bentley comments were from another game. If this guy believes what he has said he is either desperate or incompetent. Morcombe were terrible. We were poor for large parts no mistake. They were lucky to keep 11 men on the park.
    GA's comments after the game kind of emphasised what we saw, don't lose first and try and win later. Not pretty but at least we have PCH and a couple of creative players that might allow that tactic to work.

• Morecambe are a very ugly side. Ellison, Lee "banged up for assault" Molyneux, Murphy, and that's just 3 I can individually name.
    Would suspect Westley will quickly put a worse bunch of scufflers together, but as he's outside of transfer window, probably not for a few months

• On their penalty shouts, I was in the Frank Adams not much further in than the 18 yard line, and everyone around me thought the hand ball was in the box. I thought there was another nailed on pen too when one of our centre backs pushed Ellison over from behind, but seems like the officials hate Ellison as much as everyone else.

• Good work by the terrace to immediately wind up Ellison; he was pointlessly mouthing and shouting at the lads behind the goal within 5 minutes of coming on rather than paying attention to defending a corner.

However, the drone army behind the goal really are something else, abusing Blackman after he made a great save from close range in the first half, blaming it on his "shit kick" which was only slightly skewed to Harriman on the right. He actually turned around in disbelief.

• He'll have to quickly understand that every club has sh!T fickle goon fans.

I don't recall us having this little throng of idiots 5-10 years ago though.

• However, the drone army behind the goal really are something else, abusing Blackman after he made a great save from close range in the first half, blaming it on his "shit kick" which was only slightly skewed to Harriman on the right. He actually turned around in disbelief

Are you sure bill I was behind the goal I heard nothing of the sort.

• No bray, I must have imagined the person who shouted very, very loudly "that was due to your shit kick Blackman". I must also have hallucinated him turning round and laughing. I do have a very active imagination.

• @bill_stickers said:
    No bray, I must have imagined the person who shouted very, very loudly "that was due to your shit kick Blackman". I must also have hallucinated him turning round and laughing. I do have a very active imagination

So it was only one person not the so called drone army. I still didn't hear it , to busy applauding the save

• It was far from pretty, though it's good we're getting points on the board from these rather than stuttering and letting in late goals like against Barnet.
    The most entertaining moment of the game was when the drone army were doing that infantile chant about what they estimated the size of Ellison's appendage to be, when one of the old boys piped up with "and how do you know that then?"

On the pitch there were two not particularly entertaining teams, though at least our performance was more assured and less panicky on the ball than earlier in the season where we would have resorted to constant hoofball earlier in a match like this.

• If a tree falls in the forest and @braywanderer didn't hear it fall, did the tree even exist in the first place?

• I was too far away from the 'handball' but there was an incident in the first half when Pierre pushed a fellow over in the box that I thought we were lucky to get away with. Having said that they were a cynical lot and I think the ref pulled back from a couple more yellows as it was getting ridiculous. Poor game but we played the better football and deserved to win.

• As that Old Boy I'm pleased that my comment made you smile. Come over & say Hi at our next home match.

• It's nice to hear someone sincerely say "come over and have a chat", rather than the terrace yoof implying they are open to rational conversation if you take exception to their antics.

• @TheChair is a great guy. If he's an old boy I must be Methuselah.

• Thank you micra for your kind comment. The banter will keep us young!

• @TheChair I didn't see who said it, just noticed it came from Old Boys' Corner on the terrace, apologies if you were slighted by the assumption! Unfortunately family commitments mean my next home game won't be until next year, though I'll be sure to have a chat.

• I wasn't the least bit slighted ReadingMarginalista it is the banter which keeps me going. I much prefer to stand and will do I hope for many years to come. I look forward to speaking with you in the New Year.