Skip to content

Wycombe All-Personality XI

Instead of the usual XIs based on quality of play, what eleven would you choose (all time) for Wycombe based purely on personality? Subs welcome too.

Comments

• What type of personality?

• I was thinking fun or larger than life, but there are probably a few XIs which could be put together utilizing less positive attributes!

• Bayo has to be the first name on the team sheet, quickly followed by Stockdale.

• Oh, and Sido too.

• Going off the years I have seen us play rather than pre 2000's. Gone for entertainment value based on playing style/personality on pitch.

4-3-3

Ma Kalambay (on edge watching him the whole time)

Uhlenbeek (hilarious to watch. one tackle could have killed someone. Never quite sure what he would try next)

R Johnson (wore his heart on his sleeve and really got stuck in)

Charles ('This is OUR HOUSE')

Jombati (don't need to say any more on here)

Bean (speaks volumes the reception he got when he scored the famous volley)

Doherty (our own version of Roy Keane)

Brown (such a passionate player)

Claridge (never wore shinpads and looked like he rocked up for park football. Can't fault effort but was funny to watch)

Akinfenwa (nothing needs to be said)

Mooney (loved winding up the opposition and showboating)

• Simon Garner

• Keith Ryan (Rhino)!!

• JJ

• Luke O’Nien

• Bayo and Garner up front

• Alfie Mawson and Gareth

• oops how could I forget sergio torres

• George Borg

• Of current players, Jasper is well on his way to getting a look-in, and Bez has a brilliant personality too.

• Paul Hayes

• Brownie

• I agree Luke O'Nien. Personally I would struggle to decide between Gareth Ainsworth and Len Worley for a quartered seven shirt.

• Dave Carroll?

• Here is my all time personality team:

Stockdale; Cousins, Evans, Charles, Brown; Ainsworth, O’Nien, Bloomfield, Torres; Garner, Akinfenwa.

• Bloomfield definitely has a positive attitude, reflected in how he played. But I wouldn’t necessarily say he’s a big personality.