Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnet

Comments

• Good afternoon all

Live commentary of Wycombe Wanderers v Barnet will be on BBC Three Counties DAB and Chairboys Player from 2.55pm. We'll be joined by Dayle Southwell this afternoon.

COYB

• Sounds promising so far. Player is a bit in and out again this week.

• Where's the advantage!!!!

• 1-0 Barnet

• Bright start, no cutting edge, resort to hoofing, bent-footed shooting, let in weak goal.

Suddenly start playing.

Same old.

• Myles Weston has been sent off.

• Very worrying result this. I was confident on three points before today's match.

• We are shitaaaaaaaaa

• @Wwfc2015_ Oh the village idiot is back. Why do you only post bad news?

• Silence is Golden

• Sorry M3G I can't disagree with Wwfc 2015. What positives were to be taken from that performance? Before the game I was optimistic, even the bench looked to have players able to change the game. The ref had a shocker, why was the goal disallowed? The advantage completely ignored. I wouldn't be surprised if Blackman goes, it must be infuriating playing behind this team.

• At the recent meeting with fans Ainsworth said this is the best squad he's had,better than 2 seasons ago? I think not.

• This was an abject,quite disgraceful performance against a very poor side.The players and manager should be ashamed of themselves.There was no urgency even after we fell behind and their goalkeeper was hardly tested. The indiscipline was illustrated by Weston's sending off and this general air of disinterest is evident throughout the side.
    A change of management is essential otherwise we will lose our core support

• His hope for a good career in football will not be helpful by staying!!.

• Quote. "This is the best squad I have had". !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• We now have a near-fully fit squad, only Southwell still out long term. Gareth will be out of excuses soon. With players of the quality now available to him we can't be going for whole halves without a single shot on target.

• As usual, once we went behind there was no sense us having a way back. Double substitution or not. The second was almost inevitable. If Ainsworth thinks this really is the best squad he's had then I am beginning to wonder if he's the man to get the best from them. Worrying times as for the first half I thought we would get something against a poor looking side.

• Possibly one of the most depressing matches I've ever attended. 2 desperately poor teams, who's ineptitute was matched and even exceeded at times by the referee.

Not much else to add. Yes we were denied a perfectly good goal and had a clear penalty on PCH turned down, but that can't detract from a very, very poor performance. Barnet robbed us to an extent, but it's hard to complain about a result when you create next to nothing yourselves.

• One of the worst teams I have ever seen us lose to. That says everything you need to know about our performance

• I can't add anything to what has already been said.

Waste of time and money.

• Woeful. Absolutely woeful. Can't pick a single positive from that performance, and coming after a similarly abject display against Yeovil and a poor second half against Mansfield it's completely unacceptable. 3 games, one point, one goal scored. Injuries can't be used as an excuse now, so what is Ainsworth going to do?

We won't play many worse teams than Barnet.

Horrible, depressing afternoon.

• Appalling. No excuses. Tough to pick out individuals but Harriman is a shadow of the player he was 12 months ago.
    If there was a plan then Ainsworth should be furious as the players clearly ignored it. If they didn't then that's worse.

• I have been waiting to judge GA until all the players are fit. Well I'd say we're as good as there and it looks bleak. Against a poor Barnet team we had one shot on target - and that from a defender. Sadly its been like that for so long (Crewe aside) and we just don't seem to have a plan B in any game.
    The longer the game went on today the more predictable it all became. It's ok to play out from the back but the forwards need to make runs toward space and/or the midfield need to get around the knock downs but neither really happened.
    Yes we had a valid goal disallowed. Yes PCH should have gone down for a penalty first half. Yes the defender had Akinfenwa in a head lock late in the second half. Yes Weston was sent off for 2 soft yellows whilst Akinde stayed on the pitch. But we effectively gave away that victory to Barnet by not creating (therefore not scoring) any chances ourselves. It was only a matter of time before Barnet had a chance and they took it.
    Fortunately for me I get to miss the next few games - out of the country until mid November.
    Hopefully things will have changed for the better when I return. Either we win a few games or GA gets the sack. I think it's become that clear.

• Tactically very poor indeed. We really needed Gape and Freeman to stop playing backwards and take some more risks. Subs should have come early in the second half when we began to look stale, not once we went 1-0 down.

Despite a good points total at home this season, too much of it is based on a solid defence. We offer virtually nothing exciting in attack and most home games in 2016 have been boring.

Looking ahead, we will surely struggle to get even a point at Doncaster. We then have two cup games in which we should try and throw caution to the wind in search of a better attacking shape. November then sees us play 4 very winnable fixtures. The objective must be to take at least 7 points and try to entertain in the process. If we come through those fixtures and ar stil struggling then I think GA likely deserves the sack. Whether he will or not is a totally different question.

• @Fit2drop Believe me I'm not defending that result or performance. It was just a dig at posters who only post bad news. He never posts positivity or when we win.

• Awful game, against a team who basically looked the image of us, but with less ability all round. Never seen such a giant combo centre defender and striker!

Ref could have held on with that whistle, but have no idea if anyone had stopped or at least held off a split second, so it had to be ruled out.
    Their goal I thought was out of the blue, but we offered nothing.

People moaning that our squad is now fully fit, behave. We haven't once been able to field out best team yet, once! Players might be back as in, in and around the squad, but they have to now get match fit and into form. Pre-season is meant to be for that.
    We're playing severe catchup

• Very, very bad day. An indefensible performance against a truly awful Barnet side. I'm afraid we're getting very close to the end game with Gareth - there doesn't seem to be any idea how to break out of the rut.

And I agree with @M3G - no-one's attempting to accept that performance by having a pop at the prize prick that is @Wwfc2015_ . He literally posts nothing but illiterate bile when we lose and is silent when we win. Which makes his opinion utterly irrelevant.

• @M3G said:
    Wwfc2015_ Oh the village idiot is back. Why do you only post bad news?

@M3G said:
    Wwfc2015_ Oh the village idiot is back. Why do you only post bad news? Wake up and smell the coffee ...we are going only in one direction and that is down!

• @arnos_grove said:
    Very, very bad day. An indefensible performance against a truly awful Barnet side. I'm afraid we're getting very close to the end game with Gareth - there doesn't seem to be any idea how to break out of the rut.

And I agree with M3G - no-one's attempting to accept that performance by having a pop at the prize prick that is Wwfc2015_ . He literally posts nothing but illiterate bile when we lose and is silent when we win. Which makes his opinion utterly irrelevant.

The only prize prick is you ...as I have said .. why should I be positive about that shower of shit???