Skip to content

An FA Cup cock-up looming

The FA Cup reaches the 4th & last qualifying round this Saturday. The 1st Round Proper is scheduled for the week-end of Saturday 5th November which will see the entrance of Football League One & Two clubs.

However, any replays will take place during w/c November 14th with the majority probably on Tuesday 15th November. The problem? It clashes with England v Spain live on ITV at Wembley.

With a near full capacity crowd at Wembley plus live terrestrial TV any replays on the Tuesday will almost certainly suffer from lower attendances. I hope Wycombe schedule any potential replay on the Monday or Wednesday.

Comments

• edited October 2016

talk about worrying about something before we know it's a problem. You remind me of Che on the old gasroom!

Who's to say we're not going to smash our 1st round opponents 4-0?
    And if we do end up getting Gashville Rovers in a replay at home , who is to say we'd have got any more than 2,000 anyway?

• Won't stop the real fans going, not bothered with England since the Iceland debacle anyway

• @Keith_Allens_Wig only since the Iceland match. I haven't been arsed for years. Too much money up that end of the scale and it appears they can't be bothered unless it can promote their "image rights"!
    Might be better if Alan Shearer was in the changing room firing some rockets up their collective arses!

• I've tried to get interested in England games but have slowly lost interest over the last 15 years or so. I did manage some excitement for older major tournaments but haven't even been bothered by the last two of them.

• Alan Shearer? Christ.

Seeing as how we easily always qualify these days are the England players bothered for the qualifiers, but decide they can't be bothered at the tournament itself?

• Surely the point is the qualifiers are so easy our players dont really try that hard in those games. Get a big game and they don't actually know how to up the level

• It's not the "real fans" that's the issue. It's the floating and part-time fans that help to swell the gate and consequently finances for both competing sides. It's simply too easy to sit indoors and watch something on TV. I would suspect that England v Spain commands a good TV audience.

• Hopefully most clubs will have the foresight to play on the Wednesday. Is there anything that forces clubs to play on a specific day other than tv?