Skip to content

Cameron Humphreys joins on loan

edited August 21 in Football

Season long loan from Ipswich, primarily a central midfielder. Highly rated by all accounts.

Comments

• Sounds very positive, hope his stay with us is a good one.

• Well done @kipper for yet another great insight

• Only a couple of midfielders away from fielding a whole XI now.

• Just seen on the Ipswich site that they have a recall option in Jan. Standard for most season-long loans I suspect but let’s not fall in love with him if we’re not ready to have our hearts broken again 😉

• Is he a playmaker type player?

• edited August 21

Hear hear !!

Good interview. Well spoken, confident young man. Impressed.

• “He’s an excellent talent on the ball who’ll give us another dimension in the middle of the park, and the data shows he will adapt well to other positions too, so we’re looking forward to seeing how he progresses over the season with us.”

• For some reason, @floyd’s post at 8.09 pm won’t copy down but he was saying that we now almost have a full side of midfielders.

That’s why we signed Bakinson. Goalkeeper.

• He’s a left footed, technical No.6. He tends to sit deep but can still dictate play.

His development at Ipswich has been stymied a bit, and ended as a back-up for Leif Davis because he’s left-footed.

This is a big season for him and this loan represents a chance to show just how good he is.

• His team mate Sam Morsy rates him highly. This has the potential to be a great signing. Well done Matt and team for getting this over the line.

• edited August 21

Looking at this quote (and separate from the merits of signing this specific player on loan), I'm all for taking data into consideration but data can't tell you much about someone's character (other than lack of red/yellow cards) and it can't tell you much about their chemistry with team mates, how well they will fit in etc.Those have been 2 big considerations of the Wanderers during Gaz's time and it would be a shame to lose those aspects.

• ''Cameron will wear squad number 20 and is available to face Rotherham United at Adams Park this Saturday.''

Replacement for Dale Taylor, perhaps?

With Leahy unavailable, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cameron slotted straight in the starting XI against Rotherham.

• All young people are nice nowadays. Very different to how things used to be.

• edited August 21

Welcome Cameron! We'll treat you well, lad!

Interesting that he said that Al-Hamadi said great things about the club and Blooms. No hard feelings there, clearly.

• edited August 21

He's spent a lot of pre-season recovering from a thigh injury - so i guess it depends how long he's "been on the grass" as they say, as to whether he starts, or cameos on Sat.

• Very pleased with this signing.

• edited August 21

That would've been Gareth & Dobbo's reign (with Blooms quietly data-crunching in the background...) He probably knew more about Blooms from the time Blooms spent coaching Ipswich boys part-time, when he first stopped playing and went into coaching under GA.

• Would love to see Nigel come back in now, ideally before the weekend!

• Al-Hamadi and Blooms were on the playing staff together for about 6 months (prior to Blooms' concussion enforced retirement) and then AAH didn't sign for Ipswich until Jan 2024. So yes, it was definitely the Gaz/Dobbo reign but his connection to Blooms is entirely Wycombe related

• @manchesterchairboy In my second sentence, I was referring to Blooms’ previous professional relationship with a ‘developing’ Humphreys... Not very clear of me to just write ‘he’ 🙄

• The Facebook guys seem to think he’s gone to Peterborough. Did I dream that I saw him being interviewed by @bluntphil ?

Also, the FB lot seem to think Gideon Kodua is coming on a season long loan and they’re not happy.

• Could play today against his namesake from Rotherham - commentators nightmare

• Humphreys, that is. There’s only one Gideon Kodua. I know. I heard someone singing it.