Skip to content

Fine

Correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure the club will now be fined by the fa for collecting six bookings yesterday (£2500 penalty springs to mind). It is a lot of money to throw awaywhen you consider we have such dedicated volunteers working hard for this club for free.

Comments

• That's essentially ten season ticket sales down the drain.

• The players and manager should club together to pay the fine as they were the cause of it, particularly Thompson for his cheating dive.

• @mooneyman said:
    The players and manager should club together to pay the fine as they were the cause of it, particularly Thompson for his cheating dive.

They should all give us our money back. If a pot of beechdean ice cream wasn't up to standard one would expect ones money back

• Brown mentioned on the player commentary that there was some kind of fine for the players for getting booked, although this might only be for dissent bookings.

• There was some talk, yesterday, that the fine might be as much as £10k. It would indeed be a decent gesture if the guilty parties were to cough up for it.

• Had it confirmed that Wycombe were fined £1,000 for collecting over six yellows v Colchester.
    Then £2,000 for same offence at Portsmouth.
    £3,000 is a lot of money given the club's position!

• "Had it confirmed"? Are you able to elucidate?

• Also, the "offence" must surely be six or more yellow cards. Bit picky but I have to live up to my reputation.

• Yes @micra I've had it confirmed. You are correct that it is six or more yellows. Each subsequent offence sees punishment doubled.

• My point really was regarding the source of the confirmation but if you are unable to reveal that (for some obscure reason) then so be it. I'll not lose sleep over it! Good night.

• How far does that doubling go? Could it be say 16k, 32k etc?

will the 500club instead be funding our fines?

"fine club". First rule of fine club is that you don't talk about fine club

• Maybe the players who received the yellow cards should be paying the fines themselves. That way, at least, they might learn the lesson not to keep doing it.

• Was thinking the very same myself @Cyclops plus I thought that referees taking the new more stringent regulations too literally and/or being blind to simulated falls/dives by opposition players should also chip in.
    At least the amount payable by each player would be a maximum of a sixth of the total but, in the absence of clarification from @Midlander of his source and how many times the fine could double, we policy advisers are somewhat stymied.