Skip to content

Begging again !!!!!

Im getting quite embarrassed by it now .... anybody else ? views ??

Comments

• Fans complain about the lack of squad depth, they complain about the budget. Now the club is trying to address it you're whinging. Get a grip

• we have just received 2.5 million for a player, the club need to find some money themselves now in my opinion.

• I have no intention of giving money until the club becomes more transparent with regards to the Ibe , play off final , Ingram money . It seems whenever we come into a windfall the situation does not improve . I am not putting money into a the black whole which it currently seems to be

• How do you know we've just had 2.5 million? Could be being paid in installments

• Well if it is I would like the details and what it will be used for . Until then I will not be giving money .

• edited September 2016

Not one to agree with rmj under normal circumstances, but I find this new campaign a bit strange. I cannot afford to commit any more to the club beyond my ST, and my £10 members fee...and I am not sure others can or will be willing to. All power to them if they can...but surely something must be wrong if we are constantly paying out to people who run the club just to watch the footy.
    Considering where we are at the moment...timing could have been better too!
    It's not as if they are asking us to fund the final push towards the title is it!

• The Trust appreciate that fans are concerned about the Ibe transfer money. We understand that the club is still in confidential discussions with Liverpool and that we’ll make an announcement as soon as we are able to.
    In the meantime we have to work without considering that sum, much of which has to go towards repaying debt anyway.

• There is over £2m coming (even if in instalments) . I simply do not understand why this all has to go to paying of debt . Surely if £75k is needed it would be easily obtained from this huge sum of money !

• edited September 2016

James, why wouldn't you want to pay the debt off when the opportunity arises?

I know there's some experts who say that sometimes it's "good" for a business to have debt, but in our case i'm pretty sure...it aint.

• @Malone . But you cannot tell me that out of £2.5M they can not keep back £75k if this is what is needed for the playing budget . Surely a balance between clearing debt and investing in such an important area as the playing budget makes better business sense ?

• Worrying comment from Mr Cecil.

Confidential discussions with Liverpool? About what? Please tell me that the clause re sell-on is clearly worded and not open to challenge?

• something tells me that we won't be getting the Ibe money, if a club like Liverpool have a sell on clause they would pay it immediately.

• I suspect we have messed up somewhere and won't be getting the money, if true then somebody needs to hang over it.

• And they need to be honest about it

• Great idea. If you can contribute and would like to - do. You are ace. If you would like to but don't have the resources - no problems, your support is felt in many ways already. If you just choose to bitch about everything everyone seems to try and disparage the efforts of others then I feel for you a bit but live and let live.
    The intricate workings of the Ibe deal is largely irrelevant as most of the cash goes to Hayes and debt repayment. I would much rather the Ibe legacy sets us up for a future than on a transfer fee.

• What a joke this is.....won't be getting another penny from me . Let's plays the "we are so poor" card AGAIN...this is so embarrassing. If I wanted to give money it would be to a charity and not the excuse of a charity which is WWFC

• @James . Where has the figure accelerated to £2.5m all of a sudden?

I'd suggest that is pure conjecture.

• Lets not split hairs , it is £2M plus , we know this .

• i'm not sure any of us who haven't seen the contract know anything with all due respect.

• Oh please.....OK we made nothing....#smellthecoffee

• @rmjlondon Depends at what stage the muck up was. If it's in the original deal negotiated by Hayes, then I don't know who at the club/trust could be put in the stocks over it.

• I expect Liverpool's legal advisors have found a loophole in the original deal.

We are meant to be a "supporter" owned club and as such the Trust members should be entitled to some sort of information on the Ibe deal, particularly if it is bad news. No sensible person is going to invest in the Club as it is currently being run and Alan Cecil's vague and pointless comment on here only reinforces my view on that.

• I seem to recall a sell-on percentage of 20% on Jordon Ibe being mentioned at a Trust meeting following his sale in 2011.

It was widely reported as 15% in the media following his transfer to AFC Bournemouth last month.

Based on an initial fee of £1m received from Liverpool, the following amounts would be due...

£15m - £1m = £14m

15% of £14m = £2.1m
    20% of £14m = £2.8m

The money is due to repay the legacy debt owed to Steve Hayes (c. £1.3m)

If received in 4 separate annual installments from Liverpool (£525,000 - £700,000) it wouldn't be until the third year that the debt to Steve Hayes would be paid off. Which would be approx. September 2018.

These sums are just a guide of course and there are likely to be nuances which the club / trust are unlikely to share with us (i.e. payments already received for appearances etc).

There may well also be negotiations about alternative arrangements (i.e. to settle for a smaller amount paid upfront).

• Any actual facts in that at all?

• @Right_in_the_Middle The man said it was reported in the media! What more truth do you need. In fact why WWFC can't take that post to the bank and have it credited straight away I simply don't know.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    What a joke this is.....won't be getting another penny from me .

Yeah right. When will you stop making these empty threats?

• @arnos_grove said:

People like you make me laugh...smell the coffee, the club are taking the poss out of the fans....BTW these are not empty threats ...look at out average gate 5 years ago and look at them now....fans really making empty threats?!

• @AlanCecil said:
    The Trust appreciate that fans are concerned about the Ibe transfer money. We understand that the club is still in confidential discussions with Liverpool and that we’ll make an announcement as soon as we are able to.
    In the meantime we have to work without considering that sum, much of which has to go towards repaying debt anyway.

Just out of curiosity, the Club also recieved a u24 undisclosed fee for Holloway, (pie in the sky guess £35-40k) for Fleetwood (there not short of a few quid) transfer, so that must have assisted in playing budget or did that too go towards non-playing staff bills?

• Doubt if there will be much left in the kitty by Christmas!

• @Wwfc2015_ . if you don't like it, feel free to disappear. You won't be missed.