Skip to content

Comments

• Glad to see the club are finally being honest about the extent of O'Nien's layoff. Have they given you any reason for the constant bullshitting, @Vital? Any apology?

• edited September 2016

@aloysius We neither get (nor request) any info direct from the club, so it's best to treat our injury timings as 'approximate.' They're based on media reports and bits and pieces we hear.

But to be fair, I don't think the club were fully aware of the extent of O'Nien's injury until recently.

I do think they should be more open with fans about all the long-term injuries and recent press releases offer encouragement that they will be from now on.

• Injury list looks dire. I can't see our attacking potency (or lack of) changing much until Paris and/or Weston are fit. It is particularly problematic as we effectively lose another winger by dropping Harriman in to full back.

Can't see anything other than another tough defeat this weekend. Demoralising though it is, between now and November I'd be happy with a few clean sheets and the odd 1 nil win, which should keep us clear of the bottom two.

Felt quite optimistic going into this season. How quickly that feeling has totally evaporated and been replaced with a strong fear that we may well be facing a relegation fight in the new year.

• Most of those injuries seem to come in training so something is wrong there.

• Absolutely @Glenactico. In over 40 years of supporting Wycombe I have rarely looked forward to a season so much. The Open Day, less than 6 weeks ago, was a cheerful, optimistic occasion with several exciting new signings and returning favourites. How quickly the mood has changed but, as I've said elsewhere, the last two matches, in their very different ways, seem to suggest that the fans' message about the style of performance and tactics, has finally registered and, in the medium term, things can only get better. But, with the injury crisis, partly self-inflicted, I can see where GA is coming from when he says that things may get worse before they get better. If ever fans needed to be patient, this is certainly the time for it!

• The club have a new vibrating bed that all the injured players have been taking turns to lie on, so expect the walking wounded back soon.

• Self-inflicted Mr Micra?

• Indeed. Max Mullet incurred his injury in France before he signed and neither PCH or Myles Weston had played a competitive game for many months. More than 6 months in MW's case someone told me.

• Max Muller! (Not seen his hair style.)

• Max Mullet, as he must surely now be known, was injured when he signed. None of us know whether he is actually being paid at present. He doesn't really count in the injury crisis. Weston missed games last season due to heel injuries, he now has a groin injuries. Unless he is very well endowed, hard to see a link. PCH was always an injury risk to be fair, but then if not he probably wouldn't be on WWFC books. I think you might be being a bit harsh.

• Well, I'm certainly not alone! I am partly to blame for the re-signing of PCH as when he told us at the end of last season it would depend on the gaffer

• ........(at Millwall), I said "well, I hope he doesn't want you".

• There does appear, on the face of it a historical problem with training ground injuries. I wouldn't mind a small wager that the majority of our injuries occur in training rather than in battle on a Saturday.

• @micra said:
    Indeed. Max Mullet incurred his injury in France before he signed and neither PCH or Myles Weston had played a competitive game for many months. More than 6 months in MW's case someone told me.

Could be worse

http://m.echo-news.co.uk/news/14734178.Blues_defender_unavailable_for_selection_after_being_sent_to_prison/

• Wow, those Southend fans aren't very happy are they? They make the comments on the Facebook group look positively glowing!

• O Nien is out until Christmas now?! Cripes.

Though when we clocked him at Luton with a protective boot on, and on crutches, it was very reminiscent of Jombati at Dag n Red a couple of years ago.
    There's only so much "he's close" BS you can pull.

Ainsworth has a real battle to keep fans onside for a couple of months before we even have a couple of players back.

• edited September 2016

@micra. I agree, it's shocking how things have unravelled so horribly. The positive news with the signings, that seemed to suggest we knew very obviously where our issues lay, 2 wingers, a hot shot non league striker, and Akinfenwa with his lower league pedigree and profile.

Now, Southwell doesn't look like he'll get a chance a game, let alone a goal, the wingers are out, O Nien and Bean out, the 6month Muller out, "never injured" keeper out for a month already, just wow.
    Not to mention JJ also out for ages, and Pierre, despite the absolute guff in the paper, a real risk of not being up for it before he 100% goes in Jan!

• Why not stop the training until the end of the year for the safety of the player's left still able to play, because training doesn't seem to improve the game. If wycombe cannot field a team would they be fined lose points or both .or let's have a laugh and advertise on social media for a player it worked once!!!.

• Don't worry, Gareth can always make a full comeback on the pitch!

• @Malone said:
    micra. I agree, it's shocking how things have unravelled so horribly. The positive news with the signings, that seemed to suggest we knew very obviously where our issues lay, 2 wingers, a hot shot non league striker, and Akinfenwa with his lower league pedigree and profile.

Now, Southwell doesn't look like he'll get a chance a game, let alone a goal, the wingers are out, O Nien and Bean out, the 6month Muller out, "never injured" keeper out for a month already, just wow.
    Not to mention JJ also out for ages, and Pierre, despite the absolute guff in the paper, a real risk of not being up for it before he 100% goes in Jan!

guff in the paper?

• the classic "his head is still here, he's not at all gutted not to have left" type fare