Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

Comments

• Afternoon all. Today's match against Luton will be on BBC3CR 103.8FM, 98FM (best for HW) 104.5FM, 630MW 1161MW and DAB. It will also be on Chairboys Player.

I'll be with Geoff Doyle

COYB!

• Really hoping that WDH starts. Deserves his chance.

• In place of who?

• I have every confidence in him, as I think most (if not all) of us have but why would you play him ahead of Pierre and Stewart?
    But wait - here's a thought - why not play him at left back, freeing Sido to play in his favoured right back position with Harriman wide right? Nick Freeman left and Hayes and Southwell re-enacting the Hayes/Beavon combination. Almost forgot - McGinn and Rowe centre midfield.

• Unchanged from Tuesday, positive sign, let's play it on the ground

• Must be right to reward a winning team...

• 3 counties just dropped out on DAB

• Feel sorry for Ainsworth. Comes on, creates a goal, does nothing wrong and gets dropped. It sends a bad message to the rest of the squad.

• Sky are describing a totally one-sided affair

• Yep, sounds like it on the commentary...

• Luton utterly dominated for half an hr. We had some presence in the last ten minutes but in all honesty we have been miles off the pace.

Luton look like a team two divisions above us.

The penalty was a terrible bit of refereeing but had it gone in we'd be looking at a 4 or 5 nil.

• @JohnnyAllAlone
    You don't know how lucky you are ...........

We've been third to every ball. If it were a boxing match the referee would have stopped it as a no contest

• Hylton should have been booked early on - horrible little man. That said, we should be 3 or 4 down by now.

• Somebody needs to throw the towel in.

• Hate to say this however I think time. Need to be up for GA

• You have to be honest and hope that not too much damage is done to our season before we get some key players back. Momentum works both ways and turning around relegation form that goes back 9 months is a big job with a fit squad.

• Bloomers, always said he should be first on the team sheet...........I lie.

• How did bloomers score? A mazy dribble, cryuff turn round the goalie and top right curler off the outside of the boot I'd imagine?

• Tough times. We've relied on our defence for 2 and a bit seasons. Now that's leaking and the strikers are still not scoring it's going to be a challenge.

• Luton sound as good a side as we'll play all season. Hope Pierre is back in next week. On a positive note, Gape sounds like a decent acquisition.

• Relegation is on the cards..

• No doubt Ainsworth will say 4-1 was an unfair scoreline, and we did play some decent football for 20 minutes or so but the truth is we were outclassed today. Could have been six or seven if not more. Luton were very good but if even our defence is now being found out I seriously fear we're in for a long relegation battle.

• Heavy scoreline and it sounds like we were overwhelmed by a strong Luton side at times, but is there encouragement to be had from the way we played in the 2nd half? Sounded like we had them hanging on at 2-1, before they grabbed 2 late goals on the break. Also seemed that Gape did well when he came on. I think we'll just have to take that one on the chin. At least today sounded like it was an entertaining game!

• It time GA went no more excuses

• Ainsworth out

• C'mon, we played the league favourites and unlikely to play teams like this every week. They had a go at 2-1 until
    The break away goals. Same again but hopefully the strikers, strike next time.

• He left Pierre out and their striker scored 3

He was already under pressure before that

It was an act of reckless stupidity he may struggle to come back from

• I want Ainsworth gone but can we afford to sack him? He's still got 2 years on his 5 year contract and he sure as hell won't admit he's wrong and do the decent thing and **** off!

• League favourites they may be - and I doubt we'll play a better team this season (but, hey, Pompey away next week so we'll see...) - but that was as one sided as you'll get in this division. Yes, we played well for 20 minutes but it means nothing if you defend like amateurs while leaving your best defender on the pitch. First half an hour we were like rabbits in headlights. Southwell looked out of his depth against a player of Mullins' ability, which is maybe a bit unfair on Dayle as he's just stepped up two divisions, but I saw little today to make me think we'll be getting points any time soon.