Skip to content

Small Town Dreams

Comments

• I am pretty sure a near full house of colourful characters from the book will be spending the weekend in Blackpool a week on Saturday.

• Hi all,
    I'll be in the club shop on Saturday pre game... probably with a pile of SMALL TOWN DREAMS books - looking like an idiot.
    All proceeds will be going to the club.
    If you've already bought a copy & would like it devalued, bring it along to get signed... I'm also happy to chat about the book / answer questions.
    Come and say hello!

• Ordered. Hopefully a good holiday read.

• Dammit, I ordered two copies yesterday through Amazon.

• @Watford_Blue said:
    Ordered. Hopefully a good holiday read.

And ordered through easyfundraisers... http://m.easyfundraising.org.uk/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw57W9BRDM9_a-2vWJ68EBEiQAwPNFK_8z3tmuD9CLPXvB2g0RjtshWGaBkZg03EBR8Fzlc_caAo-58P8HAQ

Another tuppence to the Trust coffers....

• The book is quality!

Bit gutted I got my copy through Amazon though.

• Over half way thru enjoying it immensely

• @fromtheside said:
    The book is quality!

Bit gutted I got my copy through Amazon though.

Glad you're enjoying it!
    You can still bring your copy down if you'd like it signed, you don't need to buy on the day.

• Thanks to all who popped in to say hello or to purchase a book yesterday.
    We sold all the books prior to kick off, so the club made a nice little profit (and I got to pretend I was famous).

• No need to pretend.

• @Weegie brilliant read thanks. Captured those heady times perfectly. Not recommended for long train journeys - far too emotional at times.

Should be compulsory reading for WWFC players

• Thanks @bookertease. Chuffed that you enjoyed it!
    When I went down before the QPR game the plan was to meet Gareth & some of the players for a photo opp. Unfortunately his filming with that kids TV show overran so I didn't get to speak to him. I left a copy for him & gave one to Matty Bloomfield too. I hope they read it... I think players in general don't get what it means to the fans... The book would definitely give them an insight.

• Will they still be available at the ground tomorrow?

• Hi @woodlands, none available at the Col U game unfortunately, I'm expecting another order from the club soon, so hopefully in stock for Stevenage game.

• OK thanks will look out for them. They look to be very popular well done.

• Really enjoyed the book. Brought back so many memories. Some laugh out loud moments and others that brought a tear to my eye. Loved the description of Hutch's Man City commentary and the games. And really beautifully linked in with your round the world trip. Hopefully will mean my football phobic wife may even enjoy it. And thank goodness almost completely cliché free. I don't think the FA cup was once described as the greatest cup competition in the world. Really is Wycombe's 'Fever Pitch'...maybe just without the happy ending.

• @Weegie Is there any financial benefit to the club if I buy my copy through the club rather than on Amazon, or does it not make any difference? Ta

• edited August 2016

I'm sure Mrs Watford Blue will like the book, I've had lots of feedback from non-footy fans who enjoyed it.

Also, a Hibs fan in Edinburgh is planning a trip to Adams Park since reading Small Town Dreams!!!

@Watford_Blue said:
    Really enjoyed the book. Brought back so many memories. Some laugh out loud moments and others that brought a tear to my eye. Loved the description of Hutch's Man City commentary and the games. And really beautifully linked in with your round the world trip. Hopefully will mean my football phobic wife may even enjoy it. And thank goodness almost completely cliché free. I don't think the FA cup was once described as the greatest cup competition in the world. Really is Wycombe's 'Fever Pitch'...maybe just without the happy ending.

• Hi @Jonny_King
    The club got all the profit on the first batch, but we will split any future proceeds 50/50.
    I'm just awaiting confirmation to place an order for them.
    Hopefully this will mean books on sale at the Stevenage game.

• Glad to hear you're making something out of it yourself @Weegie .

As noble as giving all profit up was, it's only right you get some sort of cashback for your efforts.

• @Weegie Awesome, cheers mate.

• Todays amateur hour attempt at a link into the Gasroom... an article just published by a US website...

http://soccerminnows.com/2016/09/02/wycombes-own-fever-pitch-an-interview-with-author-jf-cumming/

• "I can't imagine supporting anyone else"

That's perfect

• The Football League Paper have a decent article in todays edition about happier times for the Wanderers (okay, and my book).

I may have evolved to posting website links in the Gasroom, but PDF's & photos???? Please.
    (Posted to the FB page if you fancy a look).

• Have seen your piece on FB @Weegie. Hope to buy a copy of Small Town Dreams on Saturday. Will you be there?

• @Micra I won't be there unfortunately.
    Carlisle away is next game for me. Highly unlikely that there will be any books available at the club on Saturday either. Their first batch sold out on the day but I didn't receive a second order from the club yet.
    You can get it from Amazon easy enough.

• Thanks JC. Amazon it is.

• Haven't received a second order from the club yet?

@Weegie finally finished the book now. Absolutely fantastic read and really brings back some good memories! Recommended to a few others to read.

• a40a40
    edited September 2016

Just read it. Thanks for bringing back so many memories, very enjoyable.

• @fromtheside @a40 Phew, two more not after a refund! Glad you enjoyed it.