Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol City

Comments

• This evening's League Cup game against Bristol City will be live on BBC3CR on their MW frequencies. 630 I think is the stronger signal in HW. 1161 if you are elsewhere towards Aylesbury/MK.

It will also be on Chairboys Player as normal.

COYB!

• New goalkeeper then.

• Brown injured already?

• Website says Brown injured and Dawson is an emergency 1 week loan

• Quite an even entertaining game, more football than on Saturday. Probably unlucky to be behind.

• Unlucky, very good performance from us and the BC keeper. Unsure how we lost.

• Reason pretty obvious we can't score goals.

• @mooneyman only reason we lost was keeper had a stormer

• I had predicted we would get a bit of a thumping tonight, but I was very pleased with the vast majority of the performance. As said above man of the match clearly the Bristol keeper. De Havilland is work in progress, but did improve after the 1st 20 minutes. Particularly impressed with Southwell, I hope he is the regular starter with the old guys rotating around him. Hopefully we can repeat this level of performance on Saturday with just a little rub of the green secure the first win of the season.

• FAO @DevC - you must come more often. That was the best football we have played since I don't know when!

• Quality performance tonight very unlucky to loose, I have absolutely no objection to us loosing in that manner against a better opposition. McGinn, Harriman,Stewart and Bayo had very good games I thought. Any one of our numerous shots going a yard to one side and we would have won this game easily tonight.

• Great performance today, thought the front 2 were great, bayonet surprised me as much better than I thought.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    bayonet surprised me as much better than I thought.

To be fair, I'd be far from keen to put in a challenge on one of them...

• Bayonets READY

• @LX1 Shame we weren't playing Birmingham.

• I only came here to build a bridge