Skip to content

Akinfenwa

If you're on 'snapchat' I urge you to follow Akinfenwa on it - mrbeastmodeon. Decent behind the scenes footage, and he turns out to be a very likeable bloke

Comments

• Got mates in Northampton who also say what a top bloke he is. Hope he is settling in well to the club

• think he will excellent for team spirit from what we have seen and heard so far.

• I really like the way he's embraced his celebrity status among kids with such good humour. When we played Wimbledon last season my lad and his mates were keen to meet him and he was happy to chat, sign autographs and pose for selfies. Seems like a proper character.

• Seems like he's making a good impression at the moment. The real test of these 'characters' is how they react when there is a bit more pressure on them and their teammates. I still think back to his play offs final speach and feel a bit nervous.

More importantly though I'm struggling to get over how much like the Genie in Aladdin in the West End he looks. Anyone with some technical knowledge post the two pics side by side?

• That top picture is the guy. Is the star of the west end show by a mile and I'm now hoping Akinfenwa can match the somersault prowess and wish granting ability.

I think the recent WWFC promo pic on the Twitter header is a better likeness though.
    Thanks for the pics though

• Brilliant!
    I remember the impromptu pitch "interview" at Wembley. He was hardly going to give a measured, calm reflection on the match! The guy was on an understandable "high" and,alright, the word 'beautiful' did pepper his excitable response but so what.......

• Very impressive interview with Akinfenwa just published by the Guardian. I'm still a skeptic when it comes to his on-field contribution though I'll accept I've been won round to his value off it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/05/adebayo-akinfenwa-wycombe-wanderers-afc-wimbledon-beast

• From what I've seen so far, Akinfenwa is a fine footballer, who will make a massive contribution to our success this season.

• Well, at least he will never be too far from the opposition six yard box...for practical reasons if nothing else. Call me old fashioned but I prefer my strikers not hanging about in midfield trying to get hold of the ball...

• Bayo doesn't do midfield. He does jog back towards the centre circle occasionally.

• @micra said:
    Bayo doesn't do midfield. He does jog back towards the centre circle occasionally.

In the QPR and Maidenhead games Beyo was back defending corners

• Indeed he was but my point was that he is not a midfielder. Not yet. Maybe when he gets older and slower!

• I know pre-season is utter gash, but he really impressed me... Some really clever defence-splitting passing.

• He won't benefit us much if he gets the dire service he got today.

Aimless lofts from random positions might occasionally fall right, but not as a standard tactic