Skip to content

Here we go again

The season has not started yet and the press are being told we are a small club with no money sounds like we have thrown in the towel already what a way to run a club. Message to the top people stop walking in circle's head's bowed with hands in pocket's get out and promote the club don't leave it to the fans all the time!..

Comments

• And stillno statement from the club about the money from Ibe's transfer or are the club hoping we forget about it?

• Probably having difficulty getting any actual funds from Liverpool.

• @robin; totally agree, very negative "small club no money", just don't mention it all. Exciting squad and looking to better last campaign.

• Maybe, just maybe the club are talking down how much money we have (or might be getting from Ibe) so the price on any player we might be interested in, doesn't randomly go up.

Or, you know, thinking that while we have a windfall coming, the regularly incoming is very close to its regular outgoing and we can't just go out and spunk the Ibe money carelessly up the wall.

You can only spend your money once.

• Can't wait until we pay that **** off!

• 'Hey kids come and support a club that is limping along but hopefully we will be plucky heroes.'
    Not really the most positive spin is it? The press has widely reported that we have got some money in so this same ol same ol just wears a bit thin. Whilst its not time to say we are Man City etc its just time to shut up about how sickly we are.

• @brittanywanderer said:
    The season has not started yet and the press are being told we are a small club with no money sounds like we have thrown in the towel already what a way to run a club. Message to the top people stop walking in circle's head's bowed with hands in pocket's get out and promote the club don't leave it to the fans all the time!..

• Where did you read this?

• Nearly kicked off with the Maidenhead yoof. Disgusting if true

• Always the risk when you have no segregation. Surprised they didn't put some in today, being a local "rival", and having a much bigger following than most conf south teams.

Luckily, Maidenhead's lot were about 12 years old, so no serious threat to anything.
    Wouldn't have taken much for it to properly kick off if they'd been actual grown ups.

The one security guy looked a bit perplexed.

• A relatively comfortable win at Maidenhead according to the official website. But they will be looking through blue tinted glasses. I noticed the the amount of mentions for Dave Tarpey. This was a player tipped by a fellow gasroomer as a potential summer signing. WW have not missed the boat, will they pursue the player or have they already done so? He may have decided the pro game was not for him.

• Nearly kicked off? Not even remotely close to the truth.
    Wycombe have played Maidenhead a number of times in friendlies and the B&B cup with no segregation and there's not been a hint of trouble.

• Take it you weren't there then

• Depends what your definition of 'kicking off' is. I don't include 12 year-olds yelping "What do you think of Wycombe? Shit!" in that.

• @banterking said:
    Nearly kicked off with the Maidenhead yoof. Disgusting if true

So presumably you weren't there either.

• I did indeed wonder if Dave Tarpey might have been in Wycombe's sights but it seems extremely unlikely that he'll be coming our way now. From memory, he is late twenties and, for all I know, in settled employment outside football.

• @micra said:
    So presumably you weren't there either.

Boom.. as I believe the kids say well spotted micra

• All I saw was a smoke bomb, not sure who let it off, it was giving off blue smoke so I presume it was one of our goons.

• I can confirm it was one of our 'goons'

• Your ability to pontificate on events at a game which you apparently weren't at is astonishing @banterking.

• @banterking Are we related?

• Prime Minister's favourite shampoo - Treseme. Whoops, wrong thread and no acute accent over final 'e'.
    Mrs micra has ordered me into the garden now.

• edited July 2016

@micra said:
    Your ability to pontificate on events at a game which you apparently weren't at is astonishing banterking.

Yeah. But it's the bants, innit?

• Pants more like it.

• alright Nissan calm down

• BANTER!!!!!!!!!

• Top banter!

• "Goons" is definitely the correct word for those that started chanting the c word at their mascot when some really small kids were taking pens.
    Very embarrassing and pathetic scenes.

• Hope to see some of you lads at Crawley away, would be nice to have a chat

• How will we recognise you? Will you be wearing your banter crown and carrying the banter orb and sceptre?