Skip to content

Small Town Dreams

Hi all,
I've just published my first (& probably last) book today on Amazon.

I've stuck a link on the fans FB page but am yet to evolve to a level where I could post a link successfully on the Gasroom!

For those of you that I haven't bored with this for the past couple of years, the book is my account of THE cup run... which I missed, due to a really badly timed redundancy-sponsored round the world trip.

It's available through Amazon in paperback and on kindle... Type in 'J F CUMMING' and it should bring up both options.

Hope you enjoy it.
Cheers!

Comments

• Excellent stuff

• Added it to my Amazon wish list and will buy it when i have the money as i'm skint at the moment,good luck with the book.

• Thank you @Vital it worries me how others know so much yet I know so little!

• @Weegie
    1) Go to the page you want to link to the Gasroom.

2) Put the cursor on the address at the top (the one that starts https)

3) Click the right hand side of the mouse to highlight the address. (background of address turns blue)

4) A drop down menu also appears at this point and you should select 'copy' by clicking it with the left hand side of the mouse.

5) Go to the Gasroom post you're composing and left click to select the position you wish to place your link.

6) Immediately right click the mouse and another menu will appear. This time you should select 'paste' by clicking it with the left hand side of the mouse.

7) The address of the page you wish to link should now appear in your post, and once you've posted the comment, the link should work.

Give it a go

• Congratulations Weegie! Looking forward to it.

• That's a great achievement Weegie. Well done.

Looking forward to reading it

• Here's the link to the Kindle version... you can view the first few chapters for free... (there goes any chance of sales then).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Small-Town-Dreams-travel-football-ebook/dp/B01HW049VG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467583873&sr=8-1&keywords=j+f+cumming

(This post is sponsored by @vital total idiots guide to copy / paste functions)

• Nice one Weegie, look forward to reading it.

• Without wanting to judge a book by its cover, this looks like it'll be a terrific read. All the best @Weegie , hopefully it'll be a success for you.

• Thanks all for the kind words. I'll feel better once a few of you have read some of it!
    I really gave it my best shot, and as long as true blues think I did our team justice I'll be happy... although a movie deal and untold riches would be nice too.

• I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it. Happy to stick a review up once I've finished.

It definitely does the blues justice and your feelings for the club pour from every page. However I'd say that its beauty is that you could pick it up knowing nothing whatsoever about High Wycombe and its football team and still get loads out of it. At its heart it's a book about love and friendship, and those are as universal themes as you could find.

Very very well done. You should be really proud

• Wow, thanks @eric_plant... I feel a Torquay blub coming on.

• Ha! Yeah, was going to mention I'm the bloke you chatted to behind the stand at Torquay for about 20 minutes when neither of us could bear to watch the game/listen to the radio

• well done, great cover by the way

• I was lucky to have a sneak preview of some of the chapters, and im sure S.T.D. is gonna be a cult classic.

• edited July 2016

Wish I'd thought of Silly Little Dreams first. Small Town Dreams would have taken a year less if I'd been able to abbreviate the title on every version!

• Congratulations @weegie on writing such a good book, I'm half way through and really enjoying it. Brings back memories of the cup run and of my own travels!

• I'm about to start reading it this evening, sounds like i won't be disappointed.

• I bought it too. It's a great read so far. I'm of a similar age, so lots of great memories.

• Book is ready for me to take on holiday. No spoilers please.

• Thank you for writing this book . Finished it earlier this week & loved it (review left on Amazon).

As someone who loves Wycombe and travelling (been to a few places that featured) it really connected on a personal level, but leaving aside my personal bias think the story it tells is great.

As a Wycombe fan it's a fantastic reminder of what we were privileged to witness 15 odd years ago, and reading about Wimbledon away and Leicester gave me goosebumps!

• @Fit2drop said:
    Book is ready for me to take on holiday. No spoilers please.

Spoiler Alert
    We didn't win the cup...
    Spoiler Alert Ends

• Thank you for all the positive feedback, it's much appreciated. Have to say, I was tempted to re-write the end of the Liverpool game.

• Looking forward to reading it.

It sounds as if my reaction might be similar to when I read this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Steeple-Sinderby-Wanderers-Cup/dp/0900847948

If you haven't read it, do, please, it's brilliant.

• Excellent book @weegie, reading about the games made me feel like I was there again.

• Looks like a great read, I have just bought a copy on the strength of the cover photo alone!

• @Weegie Just planning where to put Phil Slatter's article on your book in the next edition of the Wanderer. It turns out, abbreviating your book's title gives you an unfortunate set of initials...

• edited August 2016

@Jonny_King ... tell me about it, my first effort at a cover design looked more like a sexual health pamphlet... (well, at least I assume that's what they look like... honest, I've never seen one).