Skip to content

Redbridge Rovers

Did anyone else with a non-league /local league background enjoy the delights of Sky 1's new comedy series?
A host of mildly caricatured, affectionately portrayed characters superbly played by Craig Cash, Sue Johnstone etc.

Comments

• I enjoyed it. 'Mildly caricatured' may be a slight understatement though!

• I also enjoyed it. Reminded me of the old Isthmian League clubhouses of the 70's and 80's.

• I thought it was shit.

• I don't watch Sky programmes. Shame, because it sounded decent and I loved Early Doors.

• I watched the whole series in one sitting. Great stuff. One of my colleagues is a Gresley fan and it basically could have been a documentary on them.

• Filmed at New Mills AFC I think, who scored a grand total of three points last season (three draws).

• @LX1 said:
    I watched the whole series in one sitting. Great stuff. One of my colleagues is a Gresley fan and it basically could have been a documentary on them.

Exactly @LX1 - that's precisely why I said mildly caricatured. We've all met 'em. And the budding/faltering romance between Sam(antha) and the young gauche guy was quite touching. Took me back! Great stuff all round.