Skip to content

Classic Martin

Brilliant, Brilliant effort from the Republic of Ireland tonight. It had Martin O'Neill written all over it.

Classic Martin, never, ever, ever bet against him when the chips are down as we saw so many times during his time at Wycombe.

Still my hero.

Comments

• A great motivator. Oh to have him as the England manager right now!

• Saint Martin is absolutely at his best when he has a bunch of cloggers to manage and turn them into contenders. So pleased for him tonight.

• shame england will never scrap and fight like that, Martin O Neill legend.

• You can see how he lives every header, pass, tackle, shot and save, no wonder players want to play for him. I have to admit getting a little teary eyed singing the "One Martin O'Neill" chant for that one last time at the Villa game.

• So happy for MoN and Ireland. Think Gazza is similar in the way that he lives every kick...

• Buffon showed some real class running straight over to O'Neill to congratulate him. A real legend himself.

• I was more excited about the ending than I have been for the England games. Only because of the Wycombe connections mind. Martin is a legend but so is Steve Walford and Steve Guppy.

• Classic moment when the managers thought the game was over and the fourth official & Italian player had to tell them it was only a free kick.Oh to have an England manager who wears it on his sleeve like Martin O'Neill.

• Fantastic result -" Ireland - powered by Wycombe Wanderers" (Martin O'Neill / Steve Guppy) !!!!!

• @bill_stickers said:
    Buffon showed some real class running straight over to O'Neill to congratulate him. A real legend himself.

I thought the same thing. He looked genuinely over the moon for Ireland.