Skip to content

The Thin End of the Wedge

Comments

• FL clubs should refuse end masse to participate. I will not attend that's for sure.

• I will have nothing to do with this stupid idea.

• Awful. Wycombe should refuse to play or sell off the places to fans. Because that's the respect the competition deserves if they are going to take it down this route

• One of the stupidest ideas you could dream of.

I would be absolutely appalled if Wycombe voted in favour of it

• Unquestionably we should boycott. Or take @Keith_Allens_Wig

• Why is the English Football League's annual general meeting in Portugal?

• So a chance of playing at Wembley disappears for first and second division clubs.

• I hope all fans of clubs boycott this competition. Disgusting behaviour.

• I note the intention is to develop "home grown" players from within the academy teams. But this does not mean English, merely anyone in the academy that will have sufficient years in the academy by the time they are 18 or 21 whatever the current cut off is.

So the English Football League is to be a playground for rich clubs nuturing the relatively cheap talent they import rather than somewhere to expand the skills of young English players.

I don't have any major issues with foreign players here, but do find this proposal a step too far

• Well I know one competition I will not be going to AP to watch. Thin end of the wedge indeed.
    If this is allowed to succeed the logical end point will see these same premier league B team playing in league 2 before we know it.
    It's everyone duty to boycott this.
    Makes my blood boil at the thought of it. Seriously if, as fans of a lower league team, we don't ensure this trial fails we will only have ourselves to blame in 5-10 years when half the teams we play are premier league B teams.

• Also is anyone really going to get used to this EFL thing? That awful logo that looks like a gas company. The football league is the football league not the ****ing EFL . I'm losing all faith.

• Agreed the 'Union of Football' fans have a duty to boycott this farce.
    We can have a contest to see which game attracts the fewest comrades.
    Viva the football fan revolution !!

• A lot of clubs tweeting that they voted against this. Silence from WWFC so far.

• forgetting the b teams bit, i quite like the idea of a group rather than it being knockout.

we finally have a few much needed 'reserve' games to ensure match fitness for those on the fringe. assuming we sign one or two or ten players that is.

• Can someone on the Trust Board tell us howvthey voted or is it "confidential'!

• @BSE Signed. Thx. I just can't believe only 2500 have signed!

• Teams so far that have stated they voted no:

Pompy
    Luton
    Afc Wimbledon
    Accrington Stanley
    Hartlepool United

• If WWFC voted in favour of this the the club. Will not see a penny from me ever again. It seems all we care about it making pennies and do not give a crap about us fans.

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    If WWFC voted in favour of this the the club. Will not see a penny from me ever again. It seems all we care about it making pennies and do not give a crap about us fans.

Yeah, right. This from the grandmaster of empty threats.

• @FrijidPink said:
    BSE Signed. Thx. I just can't believe only 2500 have signed!

Considering the number of people who usually attend these games, that's pretty good!

Seriously though, such a grim idea - get sharing the link.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Yeah, right. This from the grandmaster of empty threats.

Lol time will tell. Some people like you have no back bone and are like sheep ...putting up with rubbish like this.

• Sorry @Wwfc2015_ you've got me wrong there. I've signed the petition and I'll boycott the tournament no problem.

You on the other hand will make your threats to boycott, but will turn up regardless, citing all manner of lame excuses. As you have done since xmas.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Sorry Wwfc2015_ you've got me wrong there. I've signed the petition and I'll boycott the tournament no problem.

You on the other hand will make your threats to boycott, but will turn up regardless, citing all manner of lame excuses. As you have done since xmas.

Please tell me how many games that I have gone to since xmas??? The grand total of 2....

• Judging by your opinions, I'd guess zero games since Xmas 1998.

• @drcongo said:
    Judging by your opinions, I'd guess zero games since Xmas 1998.

Hahah and your opinions are always on the button...don't make me laugh

• I think the silence from the club says it all.

• Very sad news as the Football League make more concessions to ensure the meagre cash flow down from the Premiership. They given up their shirt, dropped their trousers and now sold their daughter. Wycombe Wanderers should state how they voted on this as it would give an indication on whether they are depending in close links or are true ly independent.

If the need to develop young talent is the goal why not just loan them to clubs rather than set up games for them. Would this proposal make it less likely that a Premier League club would loan players out?