Skip to content

Ex-Player News

Might be an idea to try and keep all these snippets in one thread?

Anyway, under-performing loanee Left Back Jordan Mustoe was sent off last night playing for Westerlo in the Belgian Pro League (their top division). Westerlo lost the match 4-0.

Comments

• Damian Markman (remember him) scored a brace as Ascot United reached the last eight of the FA Vase. Flackwell bowed out 3-2 at SL Aqua in front of the rounds lowest gate of just 282.
    Last seasons Flop Anthony Jeffrey has caused a row between Boreham Wood and Welliing Utd. The Non contract player refused to sit on the bench for Wood in a game in Jan. Welling had announced the signing of Jefferey last week and expected him to play against Chester last Sat, but Ian Allinson 'woods' manager sent a last minute text, stating that a 7 day approach request for the players registration would be needed.
    Heated words have been exchanged between the two clubs, before Jeffrey finally made his debut for the Wings yesterday at Macclesfield. Jeffrey duly got himself sent off at Moss Road as Welling lost 3-2.

• Glad to hear Markman's still in the game.

• Anthony Jeffrey was one of the most disappointing players I've seen in recent times, to be fair he was pretty disappointed in his debut showing also as I recall. I had expected more after a pretty blunt assessment of the failings of how he had been trained:

http://angryofislington.com/2013/05/27/arsenal-players-are-weaklings/

• Ibe is doing well

• After his loan spell here (and an equally successful one at Grimbsy) Nicky Walker was released by Rotherham, and now plays for Boston in the Conference North. He's scored 4 in his first 10 appearances, which is a decent start!

• Magno Vieira is leaving this country and moving to New Zealand according to his twitter account this week.

• I've been keeping an eye on what the Tykes fans think of Josh. It makes interesting reading. The link below, following today's rout of Walsall is not untypical.

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?224780-Scowen

• Jesus wept, they've changed their tune. When they first signed him they were all over the Gasroom saying he'll be turning out for their reserves for this season and maybe on the bench next season. Now he's too good for them apparently. Chuffed for the lad.

• The cheek of the git that said he'll make Barnsley a lot of money. Makes me sick.

• He will also make Wycombe a further amount of money.

• Saw Charlie griffin score two goals playing for Chippenham Town against Banbury United on Saturday at Banbury.

• matt phillips goal from 40 yards.

• Cracking goal for Phillips, who joins, Beavon, Revell, Rendell, Strevens, Pittman and Betsy scoring today. Did I miss anyone?

Oh and Kadeem Harris has just seen a red.

• Didn't want to start a new topic on it but what a turnaround for Barnsley in L1. They're now 6th I believe, which is remarkable given their position in January when Josh joined them. Lots of disrespect towards them on here and Facebook - yet now they're chasing a place in the Championship.

• new link to the phillips goal as the last one has disappeared http://streamable.com/9s7k

• What a goal that is!

• Re Josh - love the comment "...whatever we paid for Scowen, we robbed Wycombe....". Hope you're right @marlowwanderer, although, ironically, we may have to wait some time if Barnsley are promoted!

• I'm glad he is being appreciated, I just hope that we did get a good deal for him.

• Elliot Benyon notches both goals for Hayes in their 2-0 win.Jermaine Easter only starts on the bench for Bristol Whingers,Morgan seems to spend every week on Crawleys bench.