Skip to content

Holloway gone

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/article/aaron-amadi-holloway-signs-for-fleetwood-town-3125356.aspx

can't blame him, a higher level and probably more money than we could offer.

Comments

• Do we get compensation?

• Agreed a deal sounds to me like we might have done but we'll never know.

• Clue would be "WWfc have today agreed a deal with Fleetwood town for the transfer of AAH". So yes then, at least in future add-ons.

• Probably a good deal for all parties then. Hopefully he starts putting the effort in and fulfilling his potential!

• Good riddance to bad rubbish

• If we recover a little bit of money then it looks a sensible deal. He has potential so hopefully add ons as well.

• To be fair to him he saw 1 club as being ambitious and the other moaning that it never has money and budget to invest.. absolute no brainer for it....

• Or they offered him more money...................

• @drcongo said:
    Farewell ticktock and scarlet.

Surely a farewell is on the cards?

• Sigh! @Wwfc2015 anyone ever mention that when you are IN the tent you are supposed to be p***ing OUT...

• Farewell wycombe. Been a great 2 years supporting you, allways will. And Good luck for next season.

• All the best to Aaron at Fleetwood

He's a talented footballer. I hope he realises his potential

• It's a shame I really liked him, felt like he had a lot more to offer but never got the time to play.

• Good luck to him.

• The most exciting player we've had since Darren Currie IMHO. It's a shame it didnt work out for him here, but I wish him all the best for the future.

• @Lloyd2084 Sergio Torres surely?

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    The most exciting player we've had since Darren Currie IMHO. It's a shame it didnt work out for him here, but I wish him all the best for the future.

Tyson? Betsy?

• Grant? Cowan Hall?

• @scarlet . Dignified of you mate.
    Any criticism the big man may of got on here was only ever due to frustration that he could have been a real huge player for us. If he'd have been pony, no one would have said a word.
    All the best. While I'd hate to think we've made a colossal mistake and we end up bathing in regret, hope it all works out, it is a short career, and a lot depends on luck and circumstance.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Lloyd2084 Sergio Torres surely?

Sergio agreed

• Jordon Ibe

• Stuart Beavon

• matt Philips

• Luke Oliver ;-)

• Tommy Doherty (good one, not evil one).

For me AHH is yet another what could have been. Not the clubs fault. He should have been patient or tried a little when he did get a chance. And as for his Villa sulk well that was it for me

• Ok, perhaps I missed out some other shining stars from recent years...

I think why I picked out Currie was that it always seemed so easy for him, he just had that natural ability and confidence to try anything. Betsy was a natural too to be fair, perhaps without as much confidence.

AAH just seemed to be able to kill a ball dead in his stride and he had a knack of always coming out of a tackle with the ball.

I did enjoy watching Sergio, although the mystique of having a South American at AP combined with big hair and a catchy song no doubt contributed to his popularity. I felt Sergio was showing us his absolute best form whereas Currie and Aaron always seemed to have more in the tank so to speak.

• AAH just didn't seem that happy when on the pitch. His skill and control were undoubtedly very good. His shooting seemed pretty good when he did so. His confidence and love of the game he was playing just seemed lacking on most occasions. His 1 on 1 at Wembley summed that up. Despite playing 2 of his best games in a blue shirt in the semi-finals when he got the ball and went through he never looked like scoring and I just don't know why. Maybe a coach who can love him or even a sports psychologist could help that part of his game as the rest of it is certainly more than adequate for division 3.

• Farewell Wycombe, good luck for the future.