Skip to content

O'Neills new kit supplier

edited May 2016 in Football

A sign of our rugby based style of play or a homage to our legendary manager?

Comments

• Kit supplier, not sponsor.

• Its a three-year deal. The new kit designs will be revealed at Adams Park on Sunday 10th July.

• Some interesting 'soccer clubs' on their books at the minute:

https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/soccer/soccer-clubs.html?p=1

The Democratic Republic of Congo and FC United of Manchester are probably the most notable, so this is probably more of a coup for them than us!

• Spent quite a lot of time in Ireland where there are plenty of O'Niel outlets. Can't comment on kit quality but their leisure wear always seems to be good quality. Would be nice to see a good range of quality WWFC merchandise which I'm sure would be profitable.

• As long as they adhere to the golden rule of the simpler the better then I don't really mind who makes our kit

Plain and simple Oxford and Cambridge blue quarters please with no frilly fancy bits of white added for no reason

Can't be that difficult surely?

• Love their DR Congo kit

• The DRC kit isn't exactly keeping it simple.

• O'Neills GAA kits are excellent quality though they're not the simplest designs on the whole. Whether that's an O'Neills or a modern GAA trait I'm not sure. The FCUM shirt is a lot 'cleaner' though.

They tend to follow a standard for their leisure wear - template designs in the team's colours. Given that Dublin play in sky/dark blue, I would imagine the range would look similar to this:-

https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa-county/dublin-gaa.html

• Looking at the the DR Congo and FCUM kits, it looks like they can do fancy and frilly as well as simple and uncluttered. Let's hope the club ask them for the latter.

• Pre-season tour of the Congo via Manchester

• Quite happy with this, though I hope we have better luck than with our previous rugby-based connections. Grantham Town's looks decent, maybe get a friendly with them as I've not been there

• BSEBSE
    edited May 2016

@bill_stickers they also have Yeovil (Edit:my mistake Yeovil ladies sorry) I agree though as we would be the only league team hopefully we managed to get a good deal.

• O'Neills, Grantham, Wycombe coincidence?

• Encouraging on first glance that the kits don't all come off one template, and there's some nice looking leisure wear as well.

• @Morris_Ital took me a second or two but got it now!

• @Floyd - not one template but 17, seemingly. You can build your own but the nearest they have to a WWFC kit on their current kit designer is the ability to replicate our "Blackburn-style" halved kit of a couple of seasons back (since obviously I was sad enough to try this):

http://icreate.oneills.com/soccer-jerseys-2.html

• I think I can guess what it's going to look like.

• They're not the actual playing kits are they?

They're the generic "leisure wear"

• @drcongo Those aren't the playing kits.

• The truth is they don't need a template, Wycombe Wanderers kits are easy.

• The new "English football league" shirt design

• The statement on the club website seems pretty clear that quarters will remain

“O’Neills stood out as the perfect partner for us in all core areas we were looking for and have come up with designs which we are confident will be a real hit with our supporters, retaining the traditions of the light and dark blue quarters for the home kit, and creating designs of real class for our change kit, goalkeeper strips and training wear.”

• Lets hope they get the pricing right, I have just searched the web and found 10 of the prem club shirts for between £22 (West Ham) £52 (Chelsea) Brands include Puma, Adidas, Nike & Umbro.
    Under £30 and sell more.

• Are some of these prices clearance deals? Bearing in mind I can't think of a PL team that doesn't change at least 2 of its 3 shirts every season.

• edited May 2016

Just as a note of detail, the Trust constitution requires a vote of members to approve a choice of home kit that doesn't involve the quarters design.

• You can keep the quarters but still fiddle about with it unnecessarily

eg that white panel we had down the side of the one we wore during our league cup run

• I liked that white detail, one of my favorite shirts!

• Blimey!

• You can please some of the people all the time........ What was Bob Dylan's wonderful variation on that theme?

• This could be one of the leisure items, unless it squad clothing.