Comments

• @leo030500 Luke Gambin has another year on his current deal at Barnet

• edited May 2016

Team next year?

-New Keeper (Siegrist)

Jombati Stewart Pierre JJ

Harriman Hayes Onien Wood

Thompson, new striker (AAH)

Bench: Baz, Rowe, Blooms, (Bean?) Mcginn (PCH?)

How do we build/ improve on that? We seem to be over encumbered with options in midfield but not of the type of creative player we want/ need. Hence why I have opted to use Hayes in that creative role.

• Jake Hyde has been transfer listed by York City. He didn't score for them this season, but did well for Barnet prior to that and is originally from our part of the world.

Could be worth a punt, although I expect York will want a fee, so that's probably the end of that.

• @MightyWanderer that team would get relegated. You can't play 4-4-2 with Hayes in central midfield!!!

• @Uncle_T said:
    Jake Hyde has been transfer listed by York City. He didn't score for them this season, but did well for Barnet prior to that and is originally from our part of the world.

Could be worth a punt, although I expect York will want a fee, so that's probably the end of that.

Surely we wouldn't sign, even on a free transfer, a striker who's not scored at all!

Agree @eric_plant Paul Hayes is never going to play in centre midfield.

• Andy Yiadom was very impressive for Barnet against us, out of contract at the end of the month. Might not replace Harriman at right midfield but could play on the left or even up top with Hayes.

• 2 or 3 blokes currently playing in the youth set up at one of many premier or lg1 clubs that nobody outside that club has heard of. Could have a name like Mawson, Pierre or McCarthy. Those clubs youth head will be aware they are ready to get some first team football and may choose to phone us. Some may turn out to be ready, some not.

• Matt cash ? Spent the second half of the season at Dagenham, young local lad from bucks, currently at forest. Would be ideal for him and us, has only seemed to score goals from 30 yards + not bad for a 18/19 year old winger/striker

• Its Stuart Cash's son, does he have all his teeth ?

• Rory fallon been released....think would be a good addition, thoughts?

• Nice to see you're still with us @Wwfc2015 ? I thought you'd stopped watching this rubbish?

• Season is over now....I live in hope that next year will not be as dire as this season has been...intrigued to see what GA is going to do about addressing our weaknesses (scoring goals!)

• Byron Harrison released by Chesterfield today anyone?

• PCH sign on a pay as you go deal. No chance. If you want some quality you got to pay for it. We have nothing left in our Acedemy basket and all the silver we have looks like to have be pawned if in the Likely hood that Pierre goes which I believe is very likely. Then what, who can we persuade to play for us? I envisage a very bumping campaign.

• Reports suggest Arsenal and Tottenham are after Jordan Ibe. If that's true and he goes for around 10 million, does anyone know what we are entitled to?

Even if its 10%, that pays off the majority of Steve Hayes debt and would free up a lot of money for recruitment over the summer. Here's to hoping.

• Still curious about the guy quoting Thompson as scoring 20 last season!
    12 is much less impressive

• I see Charles Dunne has been released by Blackpool. Not my cup of tea, I thought he was ok until he came back on loan, then decidedly average.
    But assuming he regains the hunger and focus plenty good enough for League 2.
    Young Matt Cash has spoken of an interest to play at Wycombe, did ok at D&R. Not sure where he would fit in as when I saw him play at Bisham Abbey he was trying to play every where. Very good on the ball.
    At one of the forums Dobbo dismissed him as not up to it.

• It is interesting that in August most of us were worried about a lack of options in central midfield. The emergence of O'Nien and Rowe along with Bean having a good season in holding midfield meant that wasn't really and issue.

Instead, Holloway failed to deliver having shown great potential, Hayes struggled and Thomo manages about par so the problems ended up being in attack.

Just goes to show that a lot can change over the course of a season and while it is fun to speculate on how we may shape-up based on future recruitment, it is very difficult to predict. Staying relatively injury free will be just as important as who we recruit, if not more so.

• I still think midfield was the issue this season.

• For me it was having wide players and not using them effectvely, allied to an aging, or sent out on loan or injured strike force and not seeming to be able to change the (five year) Plan A when things weren't working and young players not being given a chance even when it was clear it was not working. Taking all of those issues into account, as I've said before it was not as disastrous a season as some would have it in my opinion. We need a decent big striker (or two), if we are going to play hoof it next year!

• I remember Sanchez, trying to use about 400k+ of the FA Cup money on one player, Nathan Ellington, saying that the forward players are what make the difference.

The inference being that it's much easier to pick up good defenders, than it is the strikers that make the difference.

A lot of ifs, but if Paris came in, Wood got back to his level, O Nien keeps his level, and stays fit, then we do have the makings of a good outfit. IF (again) we can get a real threat in.
    Someone of the level Hayes was at 2 summers ago.

• I see Colin Daniel has been released by Port Vale...

• Could be useful as a utility player in a small squad.

• Myles Weston has been released by Southend. Could be useful on the wing and knows Sam Wood and Marcus Bean from time together at Brentford.

• I was thinking the same when i saw he had been released.

• Would our budget afford it? Still Weston would be a good proposition nevertheless.

• Barnsley have signed Yiadom from Barnet

Played well against us recently

• edited May 2016

Might just be me, but personally I think re-signing Charles Dunne could be quite a good piece of business.

Hear me out. We've already re-signed Stewart under similar circumstances granted you can't guarantee the same outcome.

But, 1: Surely he can't have that many options available to him after being torn apart in the league above, meaning it may be possible to sign him to a 1 year contract. We can then wash our hands of him if it doesn't work out or if he doesn't show the right attitude, which I genuinely don't think will be a problem this time around because...

2: Blackpool are now in League 2, and taking into account the amount of stick he got from the fans whilst he was there I'd like to hope he'd have a point to prove, why not with us?

Not only that but I think he'd be a great signing to provide cover across the whole back four.

• Before he went to Blackpool he looked very good indeed. But it would have to depend on whether he actually wanted to be here and play for Wycombe - it didn't seem like it when he was loaned back.