Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks Vital, magority on forum, could see the beaconing of light for changes. Way way to late.

• Would be good to see holloway come on with at least 20 mins to get in the game rather than the usual 84th minute......

That said I have faith in GA. COYB

......do swans eat shrews...? Of course they do!!!!

• Totally agree, change sooner!

• rather unnecessarily mean towards Steven Craig in my opinion

• Not mean to anyone. Just saying when there's tired legs its time to make a change.

• edited March 2015

@eric_plant
    It's a game of opinions but I'm surprised at your reaction. Personally I think it was simply a collection of facts.

If the stats make you feel sorry for a player, surely that's down to his stats and not the person reporting them.

I believe it's unusual enough to warrant a mention when a player with only four goals from open play knew nothing about two of them.

I did acknowledge that they all count.

• "a collection of facts" designed to make a very specific point though weren't they? And I'd argue that saying that he knew nothing about two of them is not a "fact", but rather an opinion.

• So Craig and Wood had been perfecting the "looping ball off the thigh" set piece trick for the last few weeks in training before Southend then?

• Tomorrow's ref's "last two Wycombe games were the 1-0 defeat at home to AFC Wimbledon in September 2012, and the 3-1 home defeat to Burton earlier this season."
    Bodes well, then...

• Facts are facts, GA has already stated that Holloway is a work in progress, this is Holloway's first actually competitive season, where he has started games due to 2 years of injury. Compared with someone who has played 60 odd games as a professional, speaks for itself.

With McClure suspended it makes sense to throw the big man upfront and play off both Hayes and Holloway. GA c'mon, don't be shy, try this combo out.

• Views on players will always be subjective , for some inexplicable reason I've always liked Craigie, based on little evidence - by the same score Marcus Bean really windes me up, again irrational but there you go.

• I would like to see a Holloway/Hayes combo tried out...and, despite the threadbare squad, changes made when things are not working a little earlier in games, but I know nothing about football. Though I do know what I like.

• I don't think Holloway is a bad player, but assuming Fred is back, I just don't see where he fits in.

Hayes does the hold up play, Fred scores the goals.

• If we could just see it. Wene holloway came on for 10iminutes with Hayes at the Newport county game I thought they looked good together to be honest.

• Lets hope fred is back tomorrow and we win this. Cant wait for this one.

• Im with Mr Perfidous, Craigs unselish running and willing to sacrifice himself to create space for others makes me have a soft spot for him.
    You know your gonna get a shift out of Stevie the Warrior !!

• I bet the opposition's defenders agree too, smirking with glee, as the walk out of the dugout alongside Craig.

• I bet they hate defending against him.

• He (Craig) puts in a good shift but his record proves that he is not a goal scorer at all. If we play Hayes then we need someone off him who can take the chances he creates. Holloway is really skilful and strong at holding up the ball but again I am not sure of his finishing ability. McClure is arguably a good finisher but suffers from inconsistency. We all know that on his good days that Matty can finish.
    Let us hope Fred is fit for today's game. COYB.

• @Blue_since_1990 I think that's a good summary of the situation.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    He (Craig) puts in a good shift but his record proves that he is not a goal scorer at all. If we play Hayes then we need someone off him who can take the chances he creates. Holloway is really skilful and strong at holding up the ball but again I am not sure of his finishing ability. McClure is arguably a good finisher but suffers from inconsistency. We all know that on his good days that Matty can finish.
    Let us hope Fred is fit for today's game. COYB.

Good summarisation.