Skip to content

Lynch leaving

Sad news as I don't think he ever really got a chance, other than when we had no option. Good luck to the lad.

Comments

• Gah! Beat me to it!

• That seems a strange one to me. I thought he looked quite good so not sure why we haven't offered him a contract.

Perhaps we did and he has simply decided to move elsewhere...

• Sad. He had the attitude just shit bad luck with the injury

• That's really unlucky if he isn't being renewed. Only a very few chances to shine and then a badly timed long term injury. I wish him only good fortune for the future.

• Sorry I don't get this "sad news, he looked good" point of view. For me he looked totally out of his depth at football league level and his release is totally the right decision.

However he appeared to be a lovely guy who fit into the team ethos well and I wish him well.

• no time for sentiment and hangers on, we have no money and can't afford to keep people who aint doing it, Hayes next .........

• Shame. A serious injury destroyed a young players chance. Hope his time comes again.

Curious symmetry to his Wycombe career, making his debut at Plymouth in the playoffs and then effectively ending carried off at a stretcher at the same ground. Did himself great credit in both games against Argyle and at Wembley. We should all wish him well.

Football can be a cruel game. I wonder if the Plymouth oafs who gave him the digs abuse as he was stretchered off in front of them will reflect on their actions as that young lad's career dreams maybe evaporated in front of them. Probably not.

• he isn't being released because he got injured, GA must have changed his mind on him as he said he was Number 1 when Matt Ingram went and then the injury but that can't be why, he must feel he needs a bigger keeper or somebody with experience or both.

• We can't get by with one keeper with only back up from Richardson on his zimmer frame

• You don't think the dog's abuse on here the other day might have been a factor?

• @micra , if you seriously think some anon guy slating a professional footballer on some low ley forum has any bearing on either the manager or the player's thoughts, you must be incredibly deluded

• yes he left because I said he wasn't good enough ..... thats probably the most deluded thing Ive heard in my life and Im 35 years old and heard alot of BS !!!

• Generated more of it.

• I am amazed Richie is 35, from the contents of his posts I thought he was around 13!

• I think you are missing the point. Someone purporting to be Alex's father came on here the other day and used the most foul and offensive language allegedly in defence of his son. But of course, this could well have been the "work" of someone impersonating Alex's father. There have been previous examples of this kind of perverse behaviour on the Gasroom. My comment was an oblique reference to the possibility that the club might have looked into the matter and, highly unlikely as it might be, found that it was not without an element of truth.

• Without wishing to stir things up and making it worse, I thought Lynch's dad was sadly no longer with us? I'm sure Alex tweeted something after the Villa game saying something about it being the anniversary of his dad's passing. Of course the poster you mentioned could be a stepdad.

• Whoever it was it was extremely vile and, not surprisingly, appears to have been deleted. If I have unwittingly caused offence to Alex and his family I am extremely sorry.

• I appreciate @Malone that you were probably unaware of the disgraceful exchanges on here the other day since they appear to have been deleted. Had you seen them I feel sure you would not have made such misguided and ungracious comments about what you perceived as gullibility and naivety on my part.
    The utter ingenuousness and vanity of our old friend @rmjlondon comes as less of a surprise.

• the comments were deleted because I wrote into AH and you didn't wan your precious forum shut down, but its correct Alex Lynch father is not with us any longer so he would have found it hard to post of this forum so was obviously some sick individual who didn't have a clue about alex or his height either, as when I saw AL on saturday stood next to joe jacobson he was certainly not 6ft 2.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Without wishing to stir things up and making it worse, I thought Lynch's dad was sadly no longer with us? I'm sure Alex tweeted something after the Villa game saying something about it being the anniversary of his dad's passing. Of course the poster you mentioned could be a stepdad.

I believe he clarified his tweet explaining he was talking about his grandad.

• Thanks @Watford_Blue for that very important clarification of @rmjlondon's "explanation".

• How about we use the other Lynch leaving thread instead of this one. That one is less distasteful.

This discussion has been closed.