Skip to content

Valley Wanderer - R.I.P

Sad news received today of the passing of a Gasroom stalwart

https://wycombewandererstrust.com/2023/02/phil-bate-r-i-p

Comments

• Sad news indeed.

Phil has sat close to us for many years and was passionate about this club and his family.

He will be greatly missed by all in Block Q.

• Very sad news. It was always a pleasure to have a chat with @ValleyWanderer at Adams Park on a match day and he was a regular communicator during commentaries too. Thoughts with his family x

• What terrible news to wake up to. Lovely bloke, always great to chat to.

• What really sad news, and puts the sadness I'd been feeling about this week's management news into perspective.

Thoughts and condolences to all his friend and family.

• Very sad news, condolences to his friends and family.

• Very sad news

• So sorry to hear this. Condolences to all of his family and friends.

• Oh dear, Always so sad to hear these things

My condolences to his family and friends, RIP

• Such sad new - my condolences to his family and all who knew him - RIP

• This is really sad to hear - @ValleyWanderer was a wonderful contributor on this site. My thoughts are with his friends, family, and all who knew him.

• Really puts the events of this week into perspective. He sat close to us in the Frank Adams and was always so passionate about the team, the trust and everything Wycombe. We will really miss him on match days.

Thoughts with Val, his sons and the rest of the family.

RIP @ValleyWanderer

• Very sad news, RIP.

• During a turbulent time in the club's history, sad news like this puts it in perspective. RIP Phil

• really sorry to hear this

• Very sad news, always enjoyed reading his posts.

• Ah no. Not a great few days on the gas room. RIP @ValleyWanderer he had many friends on here & at the matches.

• Ah, this is really sad.

He was always an insightful and thoughtful poster.

RIP @ValleyWanderer

• Condolences to all who knew and loved him.

RIP @ValleyWanderer

• Very sad news thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

• Terrible news. A lovely, lovely man. You will be missed, Phil.

• So sorry to read this. RIP @ValleyWanderer

• Always sad to lose a Gasroom regular. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

• RIP, thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Very sad news @ValleyWanderer Rip 🙏

• First met Phil when our respective sons started playing playing football in the under 8s at Hughenden FC. A great bloke, and really saddened to hear this news. Thoughts go to his wife Val and their two sons. RIP.

• Sorry to hear this news, RIP @ValleyWanderer

• What horrible news. RIP @ValleyWanderer

Thoughts go out to his family and friends 💙

• A little reminder... especially with us all stressing over losing our manager.... that its just football... need to give our heads a wobble sometimes... we get so caught up in it all....myself included...

A sad reminder of our own mortality and a reminder that football is just football.

• Very sad news, for his family and friends and indeed a loss for those of us who only knew him through his measured posts on here.

His regular posts on a prediction threads were always welcome. I might mark respect by putting a black boundary around the update for the Bolton game but I am not sure if that is what he or his family would want.

If there is anyone who can advise, a direct message or a post on here would be appreciated.