Skip to content

Silver linings

The franchise and the Essex apes are staring big ugly old relegation in the face.

Comments

• so because were inadequate we are now gonna bang on about Colchester and MKDons being relegated and I wouldn't rule out Colchester until its impossible after last season.

• We're 8th

• I think the best we can realistically hope for this season now is to stop the PNL from getting automatic promotion. Although, who really would you like to see go up? The whingers from Plymouth? The knuckledraggers from Wimbledon? Maybe our good friends from Brizzle.

• @rmjlondon "we're" and "it's"

• Out of the three Wimbledon, so they can give the Franchise a pasting next season.

• yeh worry about my grammar, get a life you egg

• @drcongo Give him a break, Doc. He probably hasn't finished nursery school yet.

• @rmjlondon said:
    yeh worry about my grammar, get a life you egg

Great comeback Richie. Congo crushed!

• edited April 2016

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    I think the best we can realistically hope for this season now is to stop the PNL from getting automatic promotion. Although, who really would you like to see go up? The whingers from Plymouth? The knuckledraggers from Wimbledon? Maybe our good friends from Brizzle.

Guess would like teams to go up who are likely to be strongest next season - Bristol Rovers (with their new backers), Plymouth & Portsmouth (big teams at this level) would be good to go leaving PNL's distraught along with the moaning lot from West London and Accrington still in L2

• Here we go again checking the spelling etc on a post but unable to give an informative reply is rmjlondon a new member trying to get past the regular posters who think that only their posts are important.!!

• @rmjlondon said:
    yeh worry about my grammar, get a life you egg

That's spelling, not grammar.

• Interesting to see those who defend a lack of education in terms of punctuation but don't seem the slightest bit bothered by the abusive nature of the response.

Yet another thread derailed by the troll. That's the most dissapointing thing.

I think it's human nature to take some joy in rivals doing poorly and how your team is doing is largely irrelevant in that respect.

• edited April 2016

a thread derailed ??? talking about the fact Colchester Utd are going to relegated ??? I doubt there fans even know who we are let alone sing about us at games as we do about them. They are not our rivals anymore but they maybe be opposition next season yes !

• Correction of the guy's spelling, grammar and syntax are often the only thing worth bothering about. With the odd exception, rmj's comments do not exactly invite discussion. Buthe does like a response.

• Col U are managed by a decent guy who was our youngest ever player when he made his debut for us,his Dad another decent guy lived locally and was our manager for 4 years achieving a fair bit of success.He was also the first player to lift the League Cup at Wembley

Kevin Keen presented a trophy ,named after his late Dad ,to my nephews team in a junior final on Sunday at Flackwell Heath,An entertaining game'of far greater quality than I have seen at AP this year. Two teams of 15 year olds playing football by passing it on the ground,no cheating,hardly any fouls and no taking the ball to the corner flag in the last minute.All for 3 quid.meanwhile I am being asked to part with a hundred times that amount to watch another season of hoof ball.
    No particular point just food for thought.

• Col U could be managed by Mother flippin Teresa I'd still enjoy seeing them bite the big one.

• Not the most insightful reply to my thoughts,how strange when other teams are run down we show ourselves up to be no better.

• The only team I would say I hate and celebrate going down is Franchise, nobody else compares to the disgust they cause me to feel.

• @Mr67 said:
    Not the most insightful reply to my thoughts,how strange when other teams are run down we show ourselves up to be no better.

Why strange? I don't consider myself better than any other teams supporters

• Its a Strange one next season. I would have loved KK to be our Manager. I wont hate him for it.

On another Note the Relegation battle of the Fylde coast takes place Saturday.
    Its Fleetwood V Blackpool. Defeat for Blackpool I think will almost certainly condemn them to Relegation, It should be quite an occasion anyway but to have this hanging over the fixture as well! Its a bit weird the fact that a lot of Blackpool fans used to watch Fleetwood as part time supporters, but I have a real fear that Saturday will be a melting pot for serious protests and trouble if its a home win. Its amazing the fall Pool have had since they just missed out in the Play off final to get back in the Premier League against West ham in 2012.

• I feel sorry for Blackpool supporters that they have to deal with the utter sheisters, that are the Oysters. We were utterly ripped off by those b*staaaards, as such, I hope they get relegated!

• To use the parlance of today's youth

The franchise and col u relegated. Boom.

• Why anybody cares about Col U after all these years I've no idea (we finished 2nd - get over it!) but it's certainly worth celebrating the relegation of MK franchise. Let's hope it's the start of a slide to their rightful place outside the football league

• @Doob said:
    Why anybody cares about Col U after all these years I've no idea (we finished 2nd - get over it!) but it's certainly worth celebrating the relegation of MK franchise. Let's hope it's the start of a slide to their rightful place outside the football league

Should we just forget about historical rivals and recycle them every few years?

Col U are still the closest we have to a 'proper' mutual rival. Oxford aren't that bothered, only if they lose to us.

The Franchise, on the other hand, are not a legitiamite rival. They are an irrelevance, a stain and should be treated as such. Rival offers them a status in our own history that they don't deserve.

• Well said. I am hugely looking forward to playing Col U next season.

• Hear hear col u are a legitimate football club and historical rivals the franchise however is the illegitimate offspring of a morally detestable chancer .One I'm glad to see come down because it's going to be two games with a bit of an edge and the other I just want to see fail.

• I know it's blasphemy to wish another football club to go out of business, but I would throw a street party if the Franchise went to the wall. I doubt it will ever happen, but I can dream.

• @Doob what a strange post, are you under 25? Maybe Col Utd means nothing to you.

Should we also forget about the non league days, and all our ex heroes from that time?

When is ok for you to remember and celebrate things up to? Last 10 years? Last 5 years?

• Ok, while accepting that a lot of our younger supporters were not about at the time and probably find it wierd that we have a rivalry with a club over 100 mile away and not on our doorstop. If they were about at the time they will understand the reasoning behind it, if they think Rovers fans are numbheads they are not a patch on C*l U and their Barsiders. I for one gloat at the misfortunes of the Essex apes.

• Sadly I am a fair bit over 25,l. I was at Layer Road when we lost 3-0 in THAT season so yes, I well remember how in intense it was back then....over 20 years ago! But that was one season, and there's been no particular rivalry since. They beat us 5-2 in our first FL season at AP, which was awful, but we finally won the day with a 2-0 win at Layer Road, a very very satisfying day to those of us that were there. As I say, a very long time ago, and some of us have moved on.