Skip to content

Comments

• Best me to it!

• beat ....fantastic news

• YES! This was the most important bit of business we needed to sort out on the playing side, hopefully he'll kick on even more next season.

• Bloody brilliant news. Well done to all involved

• the beauty of not having a a dodgy agent?

Great news!

• Fantastic news

• A great start for next season. We are very lucky to have such a dedicated and talented professional for another three years. Hopefully we can also get Bean for another year as they make a great partnership.

• Great news

• This is brilliant news. Now if only he could follow that up with a surprise appearance tomorrow.

• Fantastic stuff - a real boost. Another scoop missed by the inside man, Richie Mayes!

• Delighted.

• Rich was asked by the Chairman to keep the news under his hat!

• Great news - and what a relief!

• Fantastic news - well done Luke and the club!

If we could get Paris in the Summer, and perhaps offer a new contract to Wood, Bean, Hayes and try to get a good striker/creative midfielder in, the team/squad would be looking ok (I'm assuming Pierre will be sold, and good luck to him, he deserves it)

New Keeper
    Jombati - Rowe - Stewart - Jacobson
    Harriman - O'nien - Creative midfielder (if only Sam Saunders, but think we may need to wait for 2017 for him) - Wood
    Paris - Hayes/New Striker

Subs: McGinn, Thompson, Bean. Perhaps Lynch as back up keeper. I'd potentially offer a contract to Sellars (Villa kid), maybe Ugwu, Sellers, Bloomfield, Kretszchmar (although only GA will know if other better options are about for similar prices for squad players). Then another young centre back on a contract or loan. That would be 22 players.

• I don't think three centre backs is enough.

• This is the best news we've had all season. He's going to score us 20 goals next campaign, make many more and be sold at the end of it for mega bucks. Brilliant work gaffer!

• In that squad for example, Jombati can play as 4th choice centre back. I think 20 goals might be a bit optimistic but I really think Luke could be massive next season. I could see 10 + goals. and the kind of Scowen level of performance in the months before he left.

• Great news. Now I'd be inclined to clear the decks and get him some better midfielders to play with.

• CHAIRBOYS

• @aloysius said:
    This is the best news we've had all season. He's going to score us 20 goals next campaign, make many more and be sold at the end of it for mega bucks. Brilliant work gaffer!

I hope he does. My fear is his talent is mis-directed to league two scuffling and hoof ball.

• you would offer a contract to a player who isn't ours and is on a 3 year deal at Villa ?? Very good plan that.

• I should go back to bed Richie.

• BARMY ARMY

• @NorsQuarters Thank you, very kind of you.

• @rmjlondon said:
    idiot mooneyman

sellars deal runs out in the summer at villa I'm pretty sure

• Did they clear Luke's wages with you @rmjlondon ?